Wierd Stereo Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DJ Cripsen, Sep 22, 2007.

1. DJ Cripsen

DJ Cripsen New Member

Last weekened I setup my 4ch. kenwood amp and connected it to 4 of my speakers.

When I turn the car on without starting the engine the amp and everything works fine. Sounds clear and everything. But when start the engine the amp turns on but nothing comes out of the speakers. While driving, if I press the brakes or use the window button, sound will come out of the speakers for about 2 seconds then cut off. after like 10 miinutes of fucking with the window or anything that uses power like turning headlight on/off or using the turn signal...it will finally stay on but it will be all fuzzy for like 3 minutes and then it will clear up.

I hope I have been clear as to what is going on.

All of my stereo equipment has been pretty much free so I have to be happy with what I have.

Ill get you some spec on what equipment I have in a minute.

2. DJ Cripsen

DJ Cripsen New Member

Headunit: KDC-MPV5025
    Fronts: 5 1/4" JVC's
    Rears: 6x9 JVC cs-xv6930
    AMP: Kenwood xxv-02A

Yea, I know the speakers suck but I got all this shit for free. One thing I forgot to mention was that this Headunit only has one pre-amp outlet. Left and Right. So with that, I got two RCA splitters and hooked front and rear RCA's to it. I plan on getting a new Kenwood headunit with USB soon so I will have 3 pre-amp outlets.

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

first instinct tells me a spkr wire may be grounding out. i'd start there by checking all the wires and see if any of them have continuity to ground with a meter.

4. DJ Cripsen

DJ Cripsen New Member

Could it be RCA cables?

I got the RCA's from a junk yard. I pulled and tugged until I finally got the shit out of a car. Yea I know ghetto right.

5. fuzion1029

fuzion1029 New Member

RCA cables are not built for tug-o-war. Good chance that's ur problem.