Wierd situation (Need Help)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by EscapingJail, Jun 20, 2007.

1. EscapingJail

EscapingJail Playing To Win

Alright so let me start my story here. Myself and my GF are professional video game players. I since I don't want to put us in too much spotlight here.(mostly her) I wont give our handles.

But anyways let me talk about the situation I need help in, my GF just got this job with DirectTV to be in there new team based program where she gets paid 30k a year. She leave to go do the episodes run this weekend. she will be done in about a week. But them main problem occurs here is that we play the same game (I'm better than her) but they needed females so thats why she was picked.

So this whole week I've been training her to get her mostly to my level in the game. And she is definitely improving and I can see it with no problem. But every so often I'll get a good streak of wins on her and she will go into this deep depression where I can't even convince her she is getting better.

She won't believe what I say even a little bit. And it is the single most annoying thing ever in this relationship. Literally everything has been awesome up to this point. (We have been together for 2 years.)

How do I get her to stop? Whats the best way to get her to believe I'm sincere.

2. mb330ci

mb330ci OT Supporter

Let her win...

3. .
    this really took a thread? :rofl:

4. The Saggin' Nutz

The Saggin' Nutz New Member

professional video game player= needs a life

5. EscapingJail

You don't get the point. If I let her win than it wont help her/us in the long run. The more wins she gets = the more money she receives. She could change that 30k to a 100k a year winning average.

So other than "Let her win" is there any thought out help I could receive.

6. lauren

lauren Active Member

well, you cant make her grow up.... 3rd party coach is out of the question, i assume?

7. EscapingJail

There is nobody locally that is on our skill level. (Please don't take me as cocky)

8. Baited

Baited Fur Ballin OT Supporter

show her this thread

9. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Shut the hell up. I'd be a pro vid game player if I had the chance... what an easy job (assuming I was good at a game)

10. nygiantplaya

nygiantplaya I

what game are we talking about? and is it video game systems or computer?

ik what your talking about cause me and my buddies all are madden challenge players and have all won at cities, and the only way to get better at anything is to have som1 better than you to compete agianst. she just needs to have the right mind set

11. wack0

wack0 New Member

:hsugh:

12. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

WOW...some lame ass replies from the vag....WTF people???

They are pro gamers so you have to shift your thinking from playing video games to making a living. This will require different attitudes but stop thinking of it as a recreational activity...it's a business. A better analogy would be a pro athlete.

To the OP:
    Ok so you're trying to help her but she's getting depressed because she can't beat you or isn't improving as fast as she'd like to. I don't think let her win is the answer at all....what I think is more important is that you remove yourself from the coach/boyfriend role. From reading your post it seems that the roles are getting really screwed up and she's getting frustrated so she just shuts down and becomes unresponsive. This IMO is due to you being so much of a presence in her life.

You are trying to help but coaches have to push their players beyond what that player thinks they can do themselves. This is often accompanied by fear, insecurity and doubt. So on one hand, you're pushing her to grow and bringing up all these doubts, fears and insecurities then you turn around and want to be her b/f and be supportive, loving and gentle.

That's got to be confusing as hell and I can understand why it's causing problems.

Ok...so somethings got to change. One suggestion, get a different coach. With the internet, you don't think that it's possible to find a coach somewhere else in the world??? Perhaps you need to set up a webcam so the coach could watch her play and offer feed back. Perhaps he can join her in an online game as an observer (invisible mode hack??). Or perhaps it can be done with you being a go between....but I don't like that idea as much because it's too easy to get into the situation you're in.

If none of those suggestions works for you then perhaps you need to be more structured with your time. Perhaps say from noon to 6pm it's coach mode and then from 6pm on, it's b/f mode where you won't discuss the gaming at all and you'll do normal b/f g/f stuff together. This will be difficult especially if you're really pushing her to improve....it's likely she won't want to be around you in b/f mode.

I think you guys need to take a break tho. She sounds like she needs some time to assimilate all the info you're trying to get her to understand.

13. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/I607FG1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 320x240) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.06.3.1.17.0)

:rofl:

14. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

stop making it ok for her to pout like a toddler. Don't give her encouragement for bad behavior. Don't give her permission to turn something into an emotional mess that doesnt have to be..

"that match you did well with x and y, but as you saw i was able to use your weakness with Z against you." If she cries about this, do not offer her comfort, offer her criticism. She has to grow up. I'm a gamer too and Im sure you know that having mental focus even when things arn't going your way seperates champions from losers.

Keep on topic, stick to the facts and guide her to do the same. Punish her for becoming emotional and irrational instead of rewarding her.

her: whine whine whine bitch bitch bitch sad sad sad

you: stop being a baby because you lost and get back over here and focus. We don't have a lot of time and you are wasting it pouting.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  15. EscapingJail

Thank both of you so much this definitely helps me alot.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I can't stand gamer relationships. Most of the time they are so ridiculously unhealthy.

17. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

...wait this is a common thing? I just learned that someone can make a living playing games.

18. EscapingJail

We actually are proactive, about working out and staying healthy. But before a tournament/event we grind the time out pretty hard. I still cook dinner every night and we still do normal things. But we enjoy each others company and still do normal bf&gf type things. lol.

http://www.thecgs.com/

19. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

people compete in pgr and doa? :ugh: wtf

edit: lol no offense if one of those is your game... well ok, maybe a little offense.

20. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I didn't mean unhealthy in the physical sense...

21. EscapingJail

I don't understand what you mean then. Our relationship has been perfectly fine up till the way she is acting now.

EDIT: Thanks Coottie I did what you said and everything is going great.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  22. jackjohnson

jackjohnson simple as something nobody knows OT Supporter

there really isn't anything you can do. she is in a competitive field. If she can't learn to be competitive and deal with loss with the right mindset than she's going to get eliminated for being a weaker player.

23. Coottie

Cool...glad I helped. Which part did you actually do? The structured time suggestion?

24. EscapingJail

Yeah the timed stuff is working. Thanks again.

25. Coottie

Cool...good luck and keep us posted.