TAT Wierd "flap" inside my mouth

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Laurel, May 20, 2005.

1. Laurel

Laurel New Member

On the inside of my lip, sitting where the flat bit of the labret stud from my monroe sits, is a little flat "flap" of maybe skin? It's not painful, and the only reason that I noticed it was I took the stud out to clean it really well and was curious what the tissue looked like under that disc.

I think it may be a keloid? If this is the case, I don't know of a good way to get rid of it, as removing the jewelry is not an option, and olive oil rubs would quickly wash out. Any suggestions? Should I just go to my piercer and possibly have them cut it off?

2. utanthony

utanthony New Member

if its flat flap of skin, it might just be a piece of skin that gew back after the piercing. you probably dont need to cut it unless its annoying the hell out of you.

3. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

leave it... its probably just dead skin. ...gently brush at it when your brushing your teeth and it will eventually fall off

4. slurpster

slurpster FLESHY FLAP VALVE NAVIGATOR OT Supporter

i had the same prob with one of my labrets. i believe its called nesting. you can either keep pulling the back over the flap of skin or switch to a longer bar. i did the first method, took about 3 weeks to return to normal.

5. Laurel

Laurel New Member

the flap of skin is not trying to grow over it, and fat enough to not be dead skin. I'll get my bf to take a photo tomorrow.

6. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

I have the same thing on the inside of my mouth sorta coming across the back of my monroe. Most of the time its not painful but if i start tonguing at it a lot when i notice it, it gets pissed off. Buttons is right, it usually just randomly goes away.

7. Laurel

Laurel New Member

so the lump will just disappear eventually?

8. pooh

pooh voight-kampff

the overlap covering my labret (2 months old) has gone completely away. i've noticed a thorough regime of brushing and gargles with antiseptic mouthwash has helped. good luck :bigthumb:

9. Laurel

Laurel New Member

it's not covering the back, it's underneath the disc. I've got to head down to slave to the needle anyway and get a tongue retainer ordered, I'll have them look at it then.