A&P Wide angle lens for car show.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CombatWombat, May 30, 2007.

1. CombatWombat

CombatWombat oh shit, zombies bro

Should I get one?

So GoodWood Festival of Speed is a few weeks away, and I'm definately going. It's a car show with a hill climb which a number of the show cars will run. But I think it would be a good time to invest in a wide angle for shooting the cars in the Padocks.

Current lenses stand at

18-70
    70-300

And I'd take the 50, 18-70, and the 70-300

I'm not entirely keen on blowing £300 ($600, if you include the tax on british slaes) atm, I'm trying to save, even though this lens is high on list of priorities.

Maybe I should sell the 105mm Macro, I bought it well under it's value off one of my mum's friends. And could get at least £200 for it.

The 70-100 is pretty good as a Macro, it has a dedicated close focus feature, but the 105mm is just so sharp.

If anyone here shoots car shows, I'd be interested as to your thoughts on a wide angle lens for this use.

Maybe I'm just wasting my time/money?

Opinions please. [​IMG]

2. Joetabasco

Joetabasco The Wing King

use the 18-70. It will work well. you should be able to stand almost within a few feet of the side of the car and get it all in. works well in crowds.
    Dont get rid of the 105. great lens... why mess with it?
    I would skip the 50mm unless you are taking shots in teh evening. leave it at home.
    The 70-300 will work well once the cars get on teh road... looks like you are pretty well set.