Why you don't have a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by mahnamahna, Jan 3, 2006.

1. mahnamahna

mahnamahna Guest

Why you don't have a girlfriend
    http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/showthread.php?t=1322

and also

How to Develop Game if you have none
    http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/showthread.php?t=1260

This is the best advice I've ever read to help guys, and that is saying something, especially coming from a girl.

"The most basic assumption of this thread it that it refers to guys who want a girlfriend but do not have one. I know far more women who want boyfriends and "can't" find one than men who want girlfriend and "can't" find one, but here is the basic problem with most men who want but don't have a mate:

1. Have realistic standards: As far as I can see, this is the biggest problem with most guys I know. Their standards are ridiculously high and totally unattainable. Guys, unless you posing for covers of Men's Health, why do you think you are going to get the girls posing for covers of Maxim? Unless you are filthy rich, why do you think you are going to get the women that hang out at [insert favorite local hot gold digger hangout]? Unless you are a truly awesome guy, why do you think you can get a truly awesome girl?

Furthermore, the women you see in magazines and on TV are NOT REAL. Do you have any idea how much work goes into even a standard photo shoot in Playboy or Maxim or any of those mags? All the make-up and lighting and wardrobe and whatnot? ANd the post-photo shoot work also? The way you see the women in those magazines is NOT the way they are in real life; that is after a graphic designer goes through and removes all their skin blemishes, or artificially lengthens their legs relative to body size, or increases breast size, or dilates pupils, or does 100 other things to make the pic better than reality. Take this from someone who has hooked up with many women who have been models of one sort or the other, I can't tell you the number of times I will see a picture of the girl I am fucking in a magazine, and ask, "Where is this girl? I want to fuck her." Don't expect women to look like something that doesn't even exist.

You need to ask yourself who you are and where you fit in the social order, and then date girls that match up with you. There is no shame in trying to date up, but if you continually fail at this, then maybe you should re-evaluate what you think about yourself and what you can get. If all you do is hit on 4-stars and get no dates, start hitting on 3-stars (or do something to make 4-stars into you), and stop expecting all women to look like the unattainable and imaginary women that are in magazines.

2. Stop being so fucking desperate: The dudes I know that want girlfriends and don't have them tend to be desperate fools. I don't know if this is a function of who they are or their situation, but guys, there is nothing a woman hates more than a desperate guy. Act lke you already have it, and you will get more of it. Act like you don't have it and really want it, and you won't get any. Pretty simple.

3. Take care of yourself: This is a simple one also. You need to look presentable. You don't have to be super hot or dress like Samuel Jackson, but you should look like you care about yourself. If you are fat, get in shape. If you wear sweatpants to bars, stop. If your shirts have stains, clean them. Do you want to date a slob? Of course not. Then don't expect your potential girlfriend to want to date a slob either.

4. If you want to date someone, be dateable: This is a big one, and it applies equally to men and women. If you want cool people around, you need to bring something to the table that makes cool people want to hang out with you, and if you want to date someone, be someone who is dateable. Girls talk all kinds of shit about what they want in men, but at the end of the day, all most of them want is someone they are attrached to and who treats them well. For most women, this is not an impossible bar to jump.

Let me tell all of you something: If you want a boy/girlfriend, regardless of whether you are a men or a woman, and you don't have some major issue like mongoloidism or elephantitis, you can find one. All you have to do is be honest with yourself about who you are, who you can attract, and make some small simple changes to give yourself the best chance of getting a mate, and go out and meet lots of people so you can find someone you mesh with. It's really that simple."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2006
  2. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

Tucker Max gives some damn good advice, and his story on anal sex had me in stitches. It's right up in the top 10 funniest things I have ever seen. Even if the website is a fabrication single, desperate guys should treat it like gospel.

3. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

:ugh:
    His Tucker Tries Buttsex story had me laughing my ass off too. However, I have to say that any advice from him should be taken with a grain of salt. By no means should anything of his be treated like gospel.

4. mahnamahna

mahnamahna Guest

bump for awesomeness

5. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

People have taken dumber shit as gospel :)

6. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

This is true. Very true.

7. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

I think (1) is a really stupid thing. It's basically like, "well, if you're ugly, you're not getting a hot girl, so don't even think about it" which is very untrue. Billy Bob Thorton was fucking Angelina Jolie ffs.

8. owenstar

owenstar New Member

Billy Bob has money...billy bob has charm...the article mentions bringing something to the table...he may have a huge johnson to boot...

Landing hot women isnt as hard as he makes it sound

9. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: and I think the guy has a problem in that he is misrepresenting what "wonderful" really is. He seems to think that to be a "wonderful girl" or a "wonderful guy" one must be a perfect physical specimen. Frankly, that's bullshit.

10. Steinman101

Steinman101 New Member

is his book worth buying? or is it mostly stories already on his website?

11. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You don't have a girlfriend because you listen to fucking lists like this!

12. Original

Original OT Supporter

My standards are way too high and I'm superficial :sadwavey:

I need to change that, because all the girls I don't personally think are attractive, are into me.. but the girls I would actually consider dating (based on looks alone) always end up being intrapersonal and it's not even worth the challenge of getting past their bitchiness.

There's still hope :x:

13. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

Ok.... so do a million other guys. That still doesn't negate the fact that he looks like a bum you'd find on the streets of NYC. I'm not sure if you're halfway agreeing with me or not.

14. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Tucker Max is a douchebag, but he knows the game.

15. jmcolorist

jmcolorist New Member

HE'S KNOWN TO HAVE A VERY BIG COCK :mepoke:

16. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

Actually. I disagree.
    Don't interpret this list wrong.
    The main point to this list is to better yourself and work at it so that you can obtain what you want.

It doesn't mean to lower your standards, just make your self of a higher status. Get clean, work out, be social, develope a sense of humor, don't be desparate, and expect more from yourself. Any advice on a way to help make someone better themself is good advice.

17. BlazinBlazer Guy

I thought size didn't matter :rolleyes:

18. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

It's his way of rationalizing that Billy Bob can get a gorgeous girl and he can't.

19. BlazinBlazer Guy

Meh, tell yourself what you have to, I still don't think it's a viable excuse.

20. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

you should really post this in the main forum

21. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

I'm confused, are you agreeing with me or not?

22. symptic

symptic I run companies

It's not the best advice, but it is sound.

23. NCS

NCS Active Member

i concur with this.

however not all people have those high standards, lots are presentable, and once you get to know most people they are dateable. (to use your terms).

the biggest thign to notice here, guys, is the last little bit thats not in bold: go meet people! more you meet, more chances of finding someone

24. BlazinBlazer Guy

I agree with YOU, but still not with the guy who ORIGINALLY was being responded to....