MMA why you are not improving

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by brolli, Jan 11, 2006.

1. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

Today I was in the mat room at 4 pm waiting for the people who said "i'll come to bjj everyday over intersession (january)". After 30 mins, nobody showed up. Then I got reminded of those members in the club asking me "why am I not getting any better?/I lose to everybody/the armbar can't possibly work on someone good, etc".

If you are asking the same questions, then the answer is: because training is not a high enough priority for you. If you skip practice because it was raining/had work you should have done earlier in the day but didn't b/c was playing computer games/were sleeping/it was vacation/summer, then don't expect more from yourself.

Personally I consider myself mediocre at BEST, and I have been training 4 days a week for 3 hours each session, and tried my hardest to train either at an academy or with other club members during breaks.

If you want to get significantly better, then step it up. Make sacrifices to have enough time to train... don't leave early... train all year around... and do the sport because you genuinely enjoy it, not because you want to build up some bullshit image of yourself.

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

i :love: you

3. Bruised Lee

Bruised Lee John Kune Do, puncher of faces

man i wish you guys were in the seattle area.

4. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i wish you were in the bay area so i could kick your asses*

make sweet love

5. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

:moon: