Why won't my machine sleep?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tenplanescrashing, Sep 29, 2007.

1. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

My Dual 2.7 G5 won't sleep after the 25 minutes i've set the preferences to anymore and im not sure why. Usually, if I don't have any programs running like iTunes or anything else that would prevent it from sleeping, it just sleeps. Now, the displays sleep but the machine still runs.

Here are screenshots from my activity monitor:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im assuming it is some program/activity that is preventing it from sleeping but I don't always know what some of those activities are.

2. tenplanescrashing

and im not sure if this helps but this all started around the time my iTunes would launch on it's own. No iPod connected, nothing on the network, nothing at all and it happened to me twice in a day and happened for a couple days in a row but hasn't happened recently.

CN: iTunes opens on it's own around the same time machine wouldn't sleep after set inactivity.

3. Hypnos_VI

Hypnos_VI JENGA!

my g4 does that sometimes. usually i just reboot and everything works fine.

the itunes auto opening i mean

4. tenplanescrashing

well...I did find that I had a program called Perian in my preference pane and as I tried to uninstall it, it said it wasn't installed. I then deleted/appzapped everything Perian then emptied the trash and it said it couldn't because Perian was running. Im doing a couple updates right now and then i'll do a reboot to see what comes of it.