Why the Matrix is promoting radical Islam

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by aesirlord, Nov 10, 2003.

1. aesirlord

aesirlord Guest

I was watching The Matrix: Revolutions when I suddenly came to an amazing realization. This movie was trying to insidiously fill my mind with propaganda which sought to propagate the cause of radical Islam. Now you may be thinking, "WTF??" and you'd be right, I could hardly believe it myself at first, but then one of my friends converted to Islam and I realized that this movie was probably the cause of it. Once you look at these incontrovertible pieces of proof, I'm sure you'll agree with me.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The machines represent the industrialized west. You notice that their machine city closely resembles a western metropolis like New York (albeit futuristically rendered and with a lot of robots). This is further proved in that a lot of the machines look like disgusting creatures like bugs and squid, which is what radical muslims see Americans as.
    2. The great fields represent the American media. The machines that run the fields are the actual media, and their labors (along with the programs in the Matrix) help to keep the majority of humanity under a false impression of reality, and, just like this impression empowers modern America, the misguided humans in the Matrix are giving power to the machines.
    3. The big bad guy is named Smith. This is a very common American surname, and his actions provide the most obvious clue to the hidden message in the film. Smith wears a black suit common among American businessmen, and his drive is to use his powers to force everyone else in the world to conform to his vision of the world. Hence, he is like the rabid spirit of Americanism that plagues modern society according to some muslims. This is why there are millions of Smiths in the world, in fact, everyone is Smith by the end of the movie. This represents the near triumph of Westernism.
    4. Neo is referred to as "the One", but then it is found that he is just one in a long line of "ones." This is similar to the long line of prophets from which Mohammed came out of, and, just like Mohammed, Neo is the greatest of "the Ones," and he shows the way for other people to follow.
    5. The bad guys, like the Architect (acts a lot like a cold Capitalist, doesn't he?), Smith, the Agents are all typical white males from Western society. This is juxtaposed against the predominantly minority and African, maybe Arabianish, style of the people of Zion. This shows how American society is all about a mechanistic, parasitic sham, while Muslim culture holds the truth.
    6. The city of the free people is called Zion, this is reminiscent of the land of Palestine (the Holy Land), and, in this movie, the humans try to hold out against the machines, just as the PLO and Hamas is trying to hold out against the Westernist invasion. Just as the Jews have done in real life with the backing of the U.S., the machines overwhelm the dock (coast area of Palestine?) and then force the humans into a confined area (like the camps in the Palestinian areas of the country?) where they must make a stand (calling the Palestinians to make a stand, perhaps?)
    7. Finally, Neo is a suicide bomber. Neo finally realizes that the only way he can defeat Smith is to become like him and sabatoge him from within. Thus, just like a suicide bomber, Neo enters the society of the enemy (becoming like Smith) and then he blows up. This triggers a chain reaction which causes all of the Smiths to blow up, wiping out the evil Western enemy. This was the only way to beat Smith, just as radical Muslims think that the only way to defeat the Westerners is to suicide bomb them.

All of this evidence made it clear in my mind that the makers of the movie were trying to brainwash me into accepting radical Islam, but I caught them in the act and called them on it, and now I share my insight with you. Therefore, I call all of you to join me in boycotting the movie and its merchandise, and I ask you to help me spread the word about the evil of this insidious plot so that we can, together, get this travesty out of our theaters and out of our minds. We must be strong in resolve; the advent of this film is totally inappropriate considering the position that America is in today, and I hope that, if you haven't seen it, you don't, and if you have, you repent. We must not allow this virulent terrorist disease to spread to the minds of our children, we must STOP THE MATRIX!!!

2. HardTech

HardTech hungry

you must be retarded

KGB ate my bread likes this.
  3. technogeeky

technogeeky It just turned his world upsidedownface.

So you're an idiot? What? Ok.

4. Mountain Dude

Mountain Dude Here it comes, and there it goes, another day in d

Holy god I gotta see if this guy is serious.

5. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

you think too much.

6. jayrod

jayrod Lurker extraordinaire...

I'm not reading all that.

Who's with me!?!?! :wavey:

7. Sandjunkie

Sandjunkie New Member

Um yeah... how many interpretations can we make from the Matrix Trilogy? 10? 20? 11ty billion? :uh:

8. SporkGODGOD

SporkGODGOD Guest

:rofl: it sort of makes sense

9. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Don't bother readin it...he's on crack

10. 80DGY

80DGY Guest

11. bokhan

bokhan i love you

12. Lacuta

Lacuta :OG:

13. kaldurak

kaldurak Gimme some sugar baby.

14. thewise1

thewise1 Guest

:werd:

but then I could probably make an interpretation that is about anything possible :o

15. Flying High

Flying High Guest

:Sept2003: like a motherfucker

16. RBBB

RBBB New Member

17. JeTmAn

JeTmAn Guest

You sound like Harry Knowles :ugh:

http://linux10985.dn.net/display.cgi?id=16436

18. lordcoca

lordcoca Wading in the Velvet Sea

It could also represent OT :eek3:

1. The machines could represent the oppressive mods!

2. The Great Fields could represent the posts on OT which allow the site to function!

3. Smith could represent the :2003:'s who are slowly taking over OT.

4. Neo could represent Fazle, whom many follow and worship.

5. The architect could represent the web designer who designed all the versions of OT! And it fits too, since there have been so many versions of OT, just like the many versions of the Matrix!

6. Zion could represent the Mods Corner! Since everyone wants in on the Mods corner...or something...

:eek3:

I really should get to work on my research paper...

19. erok81

erok81 All your canyons are belong to me!!

Haha, I love that last paragraph. :rolleyes:

20. Rush

Rush Butch > Tomash

thx for the spoiler warning :squint:

21. WiKiD

WiKiD U MAD?

Hey remember when i looked way to far into a movie and made a big deal about it on the net .... oh yeah that was your gay ass

22. Seifer

Seifer Abort your Babies!

people take movies, esp those starring mr reeves... wayyyy too seriously

23. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

24. Flac0

Flac0 Custom User Title

25. YelloWRX

YelloWRX Sonic Yellow...Bitch!

I honestly thought most of that while I was watching the movie...