Why the hell am I so heavy?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Off, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Off

Off Memento Mori

So im just your typical 18 yo college student, thing is im 6' tall and weigh 250 lbs. Im not sure about bodyfat %. I dont train, as in I dont go to the gym or anything, no time, but I do workout a bit at home when I have the time and try to run up steps as much as possible.

I dont eat that bad, its hard to eat good food when your at school, studying or working for most of the day, but I dont eat any fast food (ill eat a few slices of pizza at parties and stuff). Thing is I eat lots of breakfast type things, toast, cereal and stuff and I hear this isnt the best thing to do.

I have a huge fuckin gut + tittays but my arms and legs are rock solid.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

2. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

You're overweight because you have "no time" to go to the gym.

3. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

You eat to much and don't exercise enough

/thread

do something about it you lazy sack of shit

4. Plato Spaghetti

Plato Spaghetti OT Supporter

drinking? not working out, slow metabolism, lots of sugar. log your food for a week or so, i bet you eat more then you think

5. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

you don't burn more calories than you take in

6. Off

Off Memento Mori

No need to get hostile, but Im out of the house 14 hours a day and I have to study to eventually get into law school. I would appreciate you not calling me lazy because you do not know me in the least and because college is not going to pay for itself and I dont ask mommy or daddy for money.

I do not eat too much, on a typical day ill pick up a breakfast bar on my way out, skip lunch and have some breakfast type stuff for supper before heading to work and again before going to bed. I do not exercise enough for sure. I guess i'll just squeeze in 30 minutes for jogging in the morning and do some weights when I get back...?

7. Dunken

Dunken Welcome to the team.

if you dont eat to much, why are you fat? cmon think about it...

8. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

personally I wouldn't hire a lawyer that doesn't have the basic skills required to read "BASIC NEWB GUIDE TO FATLOSS" or "WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT: LIFTWEIGHTS"

or maybe you were to lazy to read them...I guess its alright since you're the only one here that goes to college and holds two jobs :ugh:

9. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

"So im just your typical 18 yo college student" <--- thats why.

I am in college too.. and yet I cook all my own healthy meals and find time to workout while also taking care of my studies as a full time student at RIT. If you don't excercise/lift/have a proper diet its no wonder you not in good shape.

I was in the same boat as you.. well actually worse as I was 255 at 5'6.5, in august, but I quit smoking and got my shit together as as of today I weigh 198.

10. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

If you cannot work out, then at least change your eating habits. Eat less calorically dense foods so that you are still feel satiated, but without consuming more calories than necessary.

For starters:
    Don't drink alcohol, but if you must, at least drink a light beer.
    Replace any juices/sodas with water.
    Eat oatmeal for breakfast (add some Splenda if you have to).
    Cook up a bunch of chicken breats, put them in a zip lock bag and microwave them at school or at work.
    Carry some turkey/beef jerky with you.
    Store cans of tuna at work or take some with you (don't forget the can opener).
    Don't eat any mayo, replace it with mustard.

Also, use stairs instead of the elevator and park at the end of the lot.

Lastly, don't expect any immediate results and do not starve yourself.

11. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

Good job!

12. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Thanks exyle. I just hoped that maybe hearing what I did might encourge him to re-evaluate his lifestyle. Its really the simple changes you make daily and more importantly consitantly over long periods of time that will improve your life.

13. whosurdaddy

whosurdaddy New Member

:werd:

14. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Bad genes? I gained a lot of weight in HS even though I did sports 2-3 hours a day. Then I gained more weight when I went to college and would never work out. Some people just pack on the pounds really easily just like some have a hard time gaining weight. In both cases you have to make some significant efforts to make your body change. You're going to have to find a way to get as much exercise as possible and eat much better.

15. dread

dread New Member

No one will ever "have time to go to the gym". There are 802 reasons you “don't have time” it's easy to come up with them. You have to MAKE TIME. Set the time aside, like you would for one of your classes or if you had an appointment.

My wife, friends, and family all know that M/W/F 4:15-5:30 is gym time. NOTHING gets in the way of that unless it's an emergency. It's my scheduled time to do it.

In short, schedule time to do it and swear by that time as if your life depended on it.

16. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

All I see are excuses. If you're serious about improving yourself, you'll make the time.

17. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

No its nto hard to eat good food when you are at school. You just sound like another lazy fat ass who blames everyone/everything else but himself. THe majority of us on here go to school and work and workout and eat perfect. If you want something you willl do whatever it takes to get there.

18. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

god, theres been so many of these damn threads

GET TO THE GYM YOU FAT ASS :mamoru:

19. Off

Off Memento Mori

My dad weighs 210 lbs and he's pretty skinny, I was always bigger than other kids, I just let it drift into me being fatter than everyone else I guess. HS were the good old days, I played football and hockey, so late in the football season and early in hockey season I was at either practice for 4 hours a day, that would get anyone in shape in a hurry.

Thank you eXyle, you're tips are really helpful and I'll try to use them.

20. BlackBeard

BlackBeard Shiver me Timbers

im also studying for law school and have a relatively high gpa...i studied for the lsat, and I have a job to help pay for my schooling...you sir are making excuses for yourself...all you really need is start eating better, stop drinking, and working out for 45 minutes every three days or so...

21. cucumber

cucumber resident fat guy

I used to be 6'4" 330 pounds and I got off my ass and decided to do something about it. I dropped to 195 and have since put on muscle over the last six months (along with some fat, gotta love bulking) and now weigh 215. There is no reason to not be in the gym busting your ass. If you want results and want to like what you see in the mirror, then it's on YOU to do the work, not someone else.

Good Luck.

22. quasar

quasar New Member

You sir, know nothing about law (where it's not about what you look like but who you know). The best attorney I ever had was really overweight, but his dad had been practicing as the superior court judge in the next district for over 30 years.

23. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

Just stick with it and you'll shed some pounds. Of course if you can make time to go to the gym, that would help you out even more.

24. D-GUy

D-GUy Guest

It's not your fault? Is that what you wanted to hear?

Now either stfu and go back to your "busy life" or it's time to man up and do something about it.

25. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.