Why the fuck wont Motorola Phone Tools work with my Razr?!?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FyreDaug, Feb 5, 2006.

1. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Godamnit, I had it working before and everything, but I formatted and lost it. It works fine on my other PC, and it works fine on my friends PC. I can sometimes get it to work long enough to copy a couple files over, but then it loses its connection again or something. I dont remember how I did it on any of the other computers, but from what I hear it has to be manually configured.... someone on here has to have a razr, any help!?

2. Maliboost

Maliboost New Member

because moto is garbage, seriously, I've had nothing but troubles with mine, I think mobile phone tools worked for about a week before it started not recognizing my phone. now my phone is to the point where it won't even charge unless i stick my tongue on the contacts of the charger to get it to make better contact, this phone has honestly ruined motos chance of me ever getting another moto

3. bradnc

bradnc New Member

Same thing happened to my V551 and mobile phone tools, worked for a week or so than it would lose connection. I got fed up and didn't bother with mobile phone tools for a couple of months and tried again and it works perfectly again. :confused:

4. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

Arg, everytime I buy a phone it turns out to be crap. Samsung, razr.... well I cant say the razr is crap, this is the only problem and I do like the phone... We'll see...

5. gthesob

gthesob the fun machine took a shit and died OT Supporter

Every time I use MPT I have to set it up from scratch and if I'm lucky it'll work on the first try.

6. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

Download new drivers...

7. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Go to control panel > phones and modems, and delete all the "Motorola USB Modem" listings.

Are you starting MPT, then when it doesn't detect your phone, do you plug it in?
    Have you installed p2k yet? I read that the p2k.dll drivers are the ones to specify, not the Windows or even MPT-included versions of the driver.

Those two things (WHEN you plug the phone in & WHICH driver you select to use) are the main things I'd have issues with on my V551 and MPT.

8. Vineyard311

Vineyard311 Wanna Race?

I used drivers from labled p2k.zip, and moto tools works fine for me.