GUN Why the beef?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ghostrider4450, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

I dont understand, I want to be part of this section of OT, yet everyone persists in antagonizing me. Why? What the hell can a man do to get along with this place?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  2. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Stop whining, for one. Stop posting, for two.

You do not have the maturity to post in here yet. This is a big-boys area, and there are big-boy rules. If you can't handle being treated like a big-boy, then go play somewhere else.

You have proven yourself to be ignorant on the topic at hand, which is usually firearms. Therefore, you will not be taken seriously by most of the regulars here. You come here acting like you know things, when you are largely uneducated on the subject. You TELL people stuff instead of ASKING them. You argue about things you have zero to no knowlege of, or are totally misinformed. If you give attitude in doing so, and are wrong, you will get several times the attitude back. This is what's going on. If you simply sit back, read, chill, and post about 1/100th as often as you get the urge to, you'll probably be fine.

I do not play well with others. I am an asshole. I have turned off asshole mode for a moment, and this is mentor mode. If you are offended at anything I say in this post, you need to leave this area of OT. I do not make personal attacks with no base or backing to them. I do not make character attacks that are unsubstantiated. You, in your postings so far in this forum, have developed a certain reputation. I, in my attempt to remedy this, have jumped all over your ass. Take it as guidance instead of playing the "why me?" angle.

Man up, and pay attention to what you're about to post before you click the "Post Reply" button. Maybe "Quick Reply" mode is not for you. Maybe you should "Slow Reply" so that you can sit and think about what you're about to say before you say it.

3. Ghostrider4450

Nothing in that post offends me, and is probably the most respect I have recived this side of OT. I appreciate the feedback, and yes I can be mature, and will be in the future. Im 19 for gods sake. I admit to falsely claiming to have knowlegde on stuff that I do not know fo 100%. This wont happen again. I really do like the stuff in here, and would like to learn more.

Thanks

PS on a side note, that rep. started by calling Shacklemenot a troll. Things went downhill from then on.

4. footratfunkface

Yes, I know. ShackleMeNot is more knowledgeable than most of OT thinks they are, put together. He is a valuable resource here, but when people aren't willing to listen, we all miss out on things he has to say. One of these days, I might get around to taking a class from him.

5. Ghostrider4450

Where does he teach his classes?

6. footratfunkface

Anywhere you want. PM him for info. It's not something to drag all over the board, per his request to me a while back.

7. Ghostrider4450

Ok, will do.

8. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

everyone does it. good that you can admit it though. If you have experience with an issue, chime in, speak your mind. Be hesitant about passing out info through the grapevine, unless you have seen valid sources to assure yourself that it is true. Read, read, read. I learn something new everyday about firearms. I've been in the game since I was 12, but these past few months I've really been reading up, and I have learned more than ever.. and I have refreshed my memory on quite a few things as well :bigthumb:

9. texchef

texchef Guest

I have learned in my few years here that asking for respect anywhere on OT is like expecting to be picked first at kickball. Ain't gonna happen. I got less than 200 posts since 2003 because I read more and think about my questions before actually asking them.....especially in this forum. There is knowledge here which is why I come here got firearm related questions/answers.

10. texchef

texchef Guest

Thanks, my fellow aircooled bro. Unfortunately it does not belong to me. There was a HUGE thread last night about sportsjunkie and her biggie sized bewbs. My attempt at teh funnie. She is a big girl.

RIP-www.aircoolers.org

11. san408

san408 New Member

Beat me to it. That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking as I read the above posts.

12. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

My only wish here is that people post correct information.

Unfortunately this place is the single source for firearms knowledge for some of the readers here. Myths and outright lies get propagated and repeated because "I heard it from a guy whose brother is friends with a Navy SEEL." Or worse yet people post their vast experience with video game firearms (OMG the DEAGLE pwns!!!1), TV/movies or airsoft.

Airsoft is not real life. Video games are even worse and Hollywood is 99% full of shit. If you have only shot the airsoft version of a gun you HAVEN'T SHOT THAT GUN. What works in paintball, Counter Strike, airsoft, or on the static range may get you killed in a fight.

Get training. Get as much professional training as possible. If you are just starting out hit an NRA Basic Pistol class or find a local range that has intro classes. If you've shot for a while and want to learn more about defensive firearms use look up a school in your area or host a traveling instructor. Once you have a defensive Mindset and some tactics and skills training take some structured force on force classes and test yourself under dynamic stress with unpredictable bad guys who move, think and fight back. If you have had plenty of firearms training classes there are always other areas that need to be addressed such as high risk driving and tactical medical.

The last point I want to make is that I don’t know it all. If you don’t like my answers to questions feel free to disagree. But be ready to back up your opinions with facts and references. I work two fairly high stress jobs and I come here to have fun.

13. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

holy sackrider batman

14. Platinum_Thunder

dynamic shooting is fun :naughty:

15. Platinum_Thunder

Get a Blaster and take Randy Cain's Tactical 101.

16. Platinum_Thunder

Stay away from Tactical Response...I hear those guys are a little :greddy:

17. Heinzanova

Heinzanova OT Supporter

I dunno I feel shooting people in my office with my airsoft USP is more fun than with my real USP, less recoil and less mess

18. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

They forgot to tell you the most important rule of this forum:

Any time Platinum_Thunder says anything, ignore it completely. :fawk:

19. mvizos

mvizos New Member

actually, I've found the best rule is to treat this place as you would the conversation in a gun shop. Nothing good comes of it. Everyone has their personal bias, what person 'a' has is best, what person 'b' has is crap.

Just read here for the occasional laugh, and hit up firingline & highroad for real discussion, or hkpro / glocktalk / weaponforums for more in depth discussion about specific brands (or find a forum for your desired brand)

This forum is no different than any other on this whole site. NO ONE CAN BE WRONG. (and yet, no one is right, at the same time)

20. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

:werd:

21. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I :love: glocktalk.

22. san408

san408 New Member

I am crushed. You must be kidding. Airsoft rulz. Hollywood never tells us anything that isn't correct. I mean, how can you argue with shooting a full auto AR inside a building w/o hearing protection? It can't be that big of a deal they do that kind of stuff all the time. :fawk:

23. Ghostrider4450

I used to play airsoft, and he's right it ISNT real life at all. It may be a fun way to play with your fav real steel gun in a nondeadly game. But alot of the kids who play it nowadays are the regular wal-mart types. Who dont know very much about the real steel conterparts.

24. Ryno

Ryno Gun in hand

I have low post counts for an 03 Oter too. I mainly look around... answer questions that I can... and try to put some kind of valuable information into the threads. There will always be some playful "busting" on one another... that's part of the fun... but you have to watch yourself to make sure you don't cross that fine line of fun and just plain out asshole. Don't be a dick to people... and they won't treat you like a dick.

I hope you stick around the boards. There is tons of good info here... learn as much as you can.

25. san408

san408 New Member

You detected the sarcasm didn't you ghostrider???