GUN Why shouldn't I buy a Glock 22 from topglock.com?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by THT, Feb 28, 2006.

1. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

I'm looking into buying my first handgun and held multiple weapons today. I really liked the feel and heft of the Glock 22 however, Gander Mountain wanted $600 plus taxes for it while topglock.com has it for $505 plus shipping. I want a reliable weapon that I can take to the range every other week and learn to shoot with. I realize I should be renting guns and testing them out but, none of the ranges by me offer that service.

1. 40cal too much for a beginner?
    2. Is ~$520 shipped a good price for a Glock 22 w/ two high capacity magazines and night sights?
    3. Is topglock.com a reputable online retailer?

2. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

topglock is reputable. Just make sure you have the FFL figured out. They can't ship the gun directly to you. .40s are fine. 9mm ammo is cheaper so if you just want something to learn with most people will recommend that. Buy what you like.

3. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

.40 could be kinda snappy for a beginner, you don't want to develop a flinch.

Top Glock is fine, their shipping can be slow on guns at times though. You need to factor in another $20-$50 for an FFL transfer as well, they can't ship the gun to your directly. Let your FFL know BEFORE you purchase the gun, he will need to send a copy of his license to Top Glock before they'll ship.

4. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

after several hundred rounds, you wont flinch anymore.

im guessing that most female police officers, have never shot pistols before. but they get trained somehow.

40 will be fine, although i would reccomend 9mm because its cheaper= you get to shoot more

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Good price, Top Glock is reputable, as others said not sure if .40 is best choice if its your first gun. I would try to find someone with one that you can try first just to be sure you like it.

6. itchiban

itchiban New Member

I think that you should go with a G19 as a beginner. 9mm just has more to offer if you are new to handguns.

If I ever get a Glock, I think I'll get a 29. :)

7. luvitlo94

luvitlo94 Make a choice and don't look back.

cause Glock's go KB :mamoru:

8. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

You have ever shot next to any female cops? You would be lucky to leave without having any extra holes.

9. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

lol. well they have to qualify.....nevermind thats only like 65%...

on second thought get a 9mm

10. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

:nono:

11. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

i got my 19 from there. it seemed like it took a long time to get it to the ffl but its b/c of usps shipping. thats why the prices are so low is b/c they dont charge you an arm and a leg to ship it overnight.

as far as the 22 goes, i'd either get it or the 19. both of them will suffice for a first gun. the 19 especially b/c the rounds are cheaper. at walmart the wwb are half the price of the .40. 100 9mm for $11 and 50 .40 for $11

12. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I got my 19 from them, shipping was pretty fast for me, only a couple days probably because I called and made sure they had it in stock before I ordered. Like everyone else has said 9mm is cheaper but thats up to you.