Why not run a cycle as a relative noob?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by michael, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

After, say, 2 years of training...

Is it because the base you've built isn't permanent enough yet and you'll just lose the gains after?
    Is it because people consider taht cheating since they are jumping ahead instead of building it naturally?

This isn't said with a condescending or rude tonite, it's asked because I'm curious why you're supposed to wait so long before running the cycle.

Also, lets assume you started training at 23 years old, so by the time you want to run it you're 24 or 25 and being physically "immature" isn't an issue.

2. JP®

JP® New Member

I dont see a problem with it myself, but to each thier own i guess.

I was 25 and had been training since 21.. So 4 years.. Could have gained more naturally im sure, but whatever..

3. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

Of course you can gain more naturally, but if there's stuff to help that, why not just use? I just dont get :dunno:

4. Titus

Titus New Member

i see nothing wrong with it..

5. CrackityJones

CrackityJones OT Supporter

If you're smart about it, I don't see anything wrong with it either...

6. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

some people would rather see the fruits of their labor rather than the fruits of their labor + assistance. i understand both wanting to use and not wanting to use. i guess one way to think about it would be to pay for college yourself and go through life knowing that you worked really hard and did everything yourself or have your parents pay for college and you end up further ahead right out of college than the other guy because you don't have student loans. both succeed, but one ends up further along more quickly. :dunno: if that makes sense to you guys, but it does to me.

7. JP®

JP® New Member

Hopefully christophers can give us some scientific insight on this.
    Ive read befor that if you can gain more than 5 lbs on a cycle, you have taken it too soon, however, to me, too soon is a matter of opinion.

I juiced the first time because I spent a year at ~220 lbs, and i was getting discouraged.

8. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

makes sense

i'd rather have the assistance, every little bit helps

9. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

lol. i'm not sure juicing would be considered a little bit of help, but i know what you mean

as a side note, i don't pay for my own college, but i don't ever plan on juicing.

10. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

What's the point to it? Unless you suck you should still be seeing good gains after 2 years and you are not going pro, so why do you have to speed up the process? Laziness? Lack of patience?

11. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

If you want to just speed up your gains I don't really see why not, it doesn't really matter to me.

I personally wouldn't do it but I'm not going to tell someone else not to, provided they actually know what they're doing.

12. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

I think that it also has to do with the fact that most people who are complete noobs dont' always train properly for a while. So those 2 years may actually only be like 6 months of serious training.

13. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

say you do a few cycles and put on an extra 30-40 pounds of muscle. Is your body going to support that naturally? No. Are you willing to be on gear from here on out?

ask yourself that.....b/c I don't know a lot of people who go back to being natural

14. Danny

Danny New Member

Alright I personally think you should get sometime under your belt.Though I might not be the best example since at 19 I was placed on HRT and that's when I started lifting and playing around with stuff(not my first year of shots tho).Though its been years since then and I'm on injections for life.

Sure it's great I won't lie and say its not but you should reach your natural potential or atleast spend some time seriously liftin.There's more to gear its not a magic pill you still need to know the basics of training,eating,and sleeping.Having a solid foundation is something you should have before going to the next level.

15. JP®

JP® New Member

This was the hardest learned lesson for me. Getting to 250 and then slowly shrinking over time back to 230.. I think im genetically destined at my age to be 230 lbs.

NO. Im using it to get to my goal (230 @10%) with a lot less work involved than being natural. Ill do a quick low dosed cycle each year that I have to, in the spring to cut.

As I said above, im planning on going natural as much as possible, once I reach my goals.

For me, going back on this time was a decent alternative to being natural.
    I wanted to drop 5-6% bf and keep as much LBM as I possibly could.
    Being quite experianced with gear from previous endevours, I didn't see it as that big a deal.
    My TOTAL combined weekly dose is just over 500 mg. Very low for someone who has gone as high as 2000 mg for extended periods.
    Everyone flames me for being on, but its the fastest results, and its still a shitload of work.

I totally respect those of you who have the motivation and dedication to this to do things naturally.

16. Mass

Mass Active Member

I did gear for about 2 years, and now I've been natty for almost 2 years, it can be done, sure I am about 40lbs smaller but at least I kept all my cool vascularity woot!

17. JP®

JP® New Member

Not really.

18. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

I'm not trying to bash anyone for using, I just wanted to bring up the point that there is no "couple cycles to get where I need to go" because the bar will get raised when you get there or you will need something to help maintain....not to mention hoping you don't fuck up with the pct and blow an entire cycle. No one should take what I am saying as a personal attack, I am presenting this a something a guy should think about before jumping on gear after a relatively short time in the gym.

19. JP®

JP® New Member

If you are talking about my post, I didnt take it in a negative way at all. Just so you know..

I wanted to make it clear why im on.. Im not trying to be the next ronnie, cutler, or whomever. I have no plans to compete, although I was in competition mode at my heaviest, and had full intentions at the time, but other things became more important.

I'd sooner have the tall lean look myself, with a bit more LBM than normal.

20. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

Is it possible to raise your genetic threshold for bodyweight?

21. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

Yes, exercise and proper nutrition......seriously though, everyone has a certain combination of bone structure, muscle fiber type and amount, and hormone profiles. These pretty much define how much extra muscle mass you can carry naturally.

22. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

That's what hgh is for :p

23. Danny

Danny New Member

Jino for 6 months.....good idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.