"Why Men Love Bitches"

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by radfad88, Jan 15, 2010.

1. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

Background story, unimportant I guess, Cliffs @ bottom.

I had dinner with a girlfriend today so that she could ask me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. After dinner she started asking me the typical questions your taken friends always ask you when they remember that you're still single or have just been through a break up. "Oh I know this great guy, blahblahblah"

I told her I wasn't interested in being set up right now (she and I don't really see eye-to-eye when it comes to guys), but thanks.

Then she started telling me all about this book that she calls the "woman's bible" because she read it and 3 months later met her fiance (they've been together for 4 years), her cousin read it at 29 and within a year was married, they've now been together for 3 years or something. Anyway, she was so adamant about me reading this book that she took me to barnes and noble and bought it for me on the spot, haha.

Has anyone (women, obviously) read "Why Men Love Bitches"? Do you have any feedback about the book? Have you tried it's approach?

I'm going to read it and post my opinion on the subject once I'm done!

CLIFFS: Happy, engaged friend recommended "Why Men Love Bitches" as what she calls the "Women's Bible". I wonder if it's worth the hype she put in it.

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

PUA rules for women.

Men, feel free to attack with all the ferocity that women attack PUA.

edit - i think that's what the book's about

3. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

yay, a book telling women to play stupid games. GREAT idea

4. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

Argov (the author) states that the most common mistake women make in getting men to marry them is wanting it too much, that they might be more in love with the idea and potential reality of marriage and all its associations (i.e. the "big day," ring, celebrations, status, etc.) than with the man himself.

I can say that this is one of the single largest reasons why a lady friend I know is moving back to Oregon; she wants a man to have a man it seems, wants that ring, wants to be qualified as an engaged/married woman, etc. He wasn't playing ball, so she's heading back to her hometown.

I saw the author in a couple of interviews, read synopsis of the book on a website breaking it down, and it's basically: Don't be a mouthy bitch, but don't be a doormat either. Assertiveness and opinionated are pretty much the criteria. Men would have to not condescend them or treat them as unequals, but they wouldn't have to treat them like dainty flowers to be nurtured all the time.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

That's what I figured it was based on the name.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:werd: I know women like that. The southern belle chick on Tough Love is like that. She just wants to get married because she wants to get married.

I once had this conversation with a chick:

"Why are you upset?"

"Cuz i broke up with my boyfriend."

"aww, and you miss him?"

"I'm upset cuz I don't have a boyfriend anymore."

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

7. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:rofl:

I'm afraid my niece is now in this category. She broke up with her ex because she wasn't in love with him and wanted to play the field for awhile. After a year with very few dates, she's now back with her ex and there's talk of marriage....all of this quite sudden and unexpected. When I asked mom about it further it became clear that my niece is seriously worried about being an old maid....at 26!!!

8. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

yeah i've talked to some of my girl friends about this before and sometimes their logic seems to revolve around marriage as a goal to get married in life versus the whole "final step of love" with someone special

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Have a vagina.

Want to get married.

10. VA197

VA197 New Member

OK, this is that stupid 50's mentality that is seeping back into the mentality of today's society. It absolutely drives me batshit, because my mother did this exact same thing to me growing up. She married my dad right after she got her RN and was working in the hospital where he had his appendectomy...she took care of him, he asked her out, they dated for 6 months, got engaged at Christmas, and got married in June. Been married over 40 years now.

All through my teenage years I dated quite a bit, held out for a long time on the sex stuff because my mom was really diligent about 'waiting until marriage' but whenever I had a breakup with a boyfriend, if she got mad at me I heard 'You're going to end up an old maid if you're not careful!' This was at 15, 16!!!!! Seriously, it was like it wasn't enough that I was an honor roll student, had lots of friends, was involved in sports, dance, was a majorette, clubs, and also had a part-time job...my whole worth was based on who I was dating and whether I would make a good 'match'.

So I graduated early from high school, became an au pair in Belgium, and at 18 was in my sophomore year in college, I married my first husband after dating him for 6 months. He was from the wealthiest family in the next county over, his parents owned a huge business (although they had no class and it turned out that their money was from some very shady business practices) and lived in the largest home in the county as well. My parents totally approved, because even though I was entirely too young to get married, my husband to be was from a wealthy family and would be able to give me anything and everything I ever wanted or needed.

Two weeks into the marriage I realize that the man I married was a total nutjob, his parents were head cases too, and I was in the most fucked up situation I could ever be in. But I had too much pride, and because my mother had drilled into my head that once you're married you stay married for life, I was too ashamed to tell anyone what was going on, so I stayed and suffered for six years. I had my daughter to give me someone to love, in all honesty.

She was the only good thing to come out of that relationship, and I don't regret having her for a second. But the mentality that a woman's worth is based on the man she marries, or that a woman has to get married to 'complete' herself or her life is bullshit. Neither a man or a woman needs to get married to be happy, and you certainly don't need a piece of paper to say that your relationship with your partner is real.

Books that teach that crap should be burned, or held up as laughable to our young people. Values and ethics and morals are great. I don't believe you should have fast and random sex, but I certainly don't believe that you should wait until you have a minister tell you it's ok before you figure out if you and your partner are sexually compatible. And I think that you damn well better know who you're going to be making a home with before you commit yourself for life. And I've told my daughter a thousand times if I've told her once, she is perfect on her own, she doesn't need anyone else to validate her as a person, she can look at herself in the mirror and see what a wonderful young woman she is, all by herself.

Learn who you are, love yourself, then find a partner, learn who they are and if they are worthy, fall in love and when you make sure that the love and respect and compatibility are there between the two of you, then and only then should marriage even be considered.

This from a woman who has made the mistakes, and learned the lessons.

11. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

i have no idea about this book, but wtf good luck to any girls who follow "the rules"

12. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

:bowdown:

13. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

excellent post....might have to print it off and give it to my niece.

Unfortunately, I doubt anyone can get through to her. Some people just have to make certain mistakes on their own.

14. GRocks10

GRocks10 New Member

Bravo!!!!!

15. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

If a woman is a bitch to me i won't give her the light of day. If i can tell she is playing games I'll never contact her again. I don't have time or patience for stupid shit like that. Maybe it works on guys that are super good looking and popular but i doubt it, but for the average joe like me, it's just gonna turn us off. My 2 centws.

16. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

how does that have anything to do with this thread :hsugh:

17. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

My ex-gf wanted to get married and resented me because i wanted to wait until she was done with school (3 more years of grad school). I'm 23, she's 21. when this all started about a year ago she was 20 and I was 22. I kept trying to explain to her why it was not financially responsible. Her parents got married while her dad was in grad school still and they had a very stressful marriage until he finally got a job. Marriage was the "next step" in her mind. fall in love, go to college, get married, etc.. From her resentment for me not wanting this now came the extreme change in personality and attitude towards me. I couldn't take it any longer being treated that way so I had to end it. I saw no end in sight to the ridicule and critisizm I was recieving.

18. NCS

NCS Active Member

i honestly believe people shouldn't get married until both partners are 25. until then you are still changing too damn much

19. Nuhlinga

Nuhlinga Whaa gwaaan papcaann?

[​IMG]

as you were:o

20. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

Sending this off to someone who should read it... :bigthumb:

21. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

sounds like the book teaches women to play dumb and to always keep her man on the edge of weather or not they are going to leave them. Yeah thats a fantastic way to have a relationship. Fuck, relationships shouldn't need a damn book to tell you how they work.

22. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I think reading a book where the idea teaches you how to get you married quickly is a huge reason not to read it.

23. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I'm a man and I don't love bitches. Therefore the book is wrong. I hope the author dies in a fire.

24. themolsen

themolsen New Member

This was not me 4 months ago. But this is me today. :bowdown:

25. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I thought it was just a southern thing :dunno: I know women who are 30 who don't even want to get married in liberal states like California. Decent-looking women, not backward-rationalizing women.

edit - I mean the women live in California, not that they have something against getting married in California. Misplaced modifier, my bad.