Why is WRC left hand drive?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by V0iD, Oct 15, 2002.

1. V0iD

V0iD Guest

We Amercian WRC fans want to know why the cars of the WRC are left hand drive when there are no American cars?
  2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Some Areas of Europe are LHD, some countries they visit are LHD. And in motorsport, generally speaking, most cars are LHD.

If you look at the Group-N cars, or some of the Privatier Team Group-A or WR Cars, you will notice that some are RHD. Its just one of those little querks in International racing.
  3. Guido The Penguin

Guido The Penguin Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.

Oct 7, 2001
    One place where you'll really see alot of RHD rally cars is New Zealand/Australia.

Possum Bourne, probably the best Aussie rally driver there is prefers RHD cars, except when he gets his nice hand-me-down factory Subaru Impreza WRC cars.
  4. V0iD

V0iD Guest

Ah, thx. If I had my way they would tear up all the pavement on nascar tracks and make them all into rally courses. It would be interesting if they let toyota into nascar with a modern engine. Maybe the 2.0 they use for the castrol supra? Hell just lt the castrol supra race em. Talk about a thrashing. Burn nascar.
  5. The USA isn't the only country in the world with LHD. Actually, most countries in the world do adopt LHD.