Why is this a bad idea? Need input from the women folk

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Ford4Life, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

My girlfriend has been having a rough patch the last month or so. Her mother is ill and hasn't been doing well, this is causing her problems at work since she's using a lot of her vacation days to be with her. She has plenty of days built up, but her employer is getting pissed she's using so many at once and they are starting to get rather vocal about it. So now she's worried she might lose her mom, and her job in the process.

What I'm worried about is the fact she isn't taking care of herself, or eating like she should, I know there are days when she doesn't eat at all or sleep more than a few hours. She's getting run down. So, I put together a little plan. She's staying at my place tomorrow night after she gets home from visiting her mom in the hospital and I decided to make dinner with all her favorites. I'm a pretty good cook and decided to take off a half day tomorrow and head to the store and get everything ready. I was writing up my grocery list at work today and I told a female coworker who I'm friends with I'd be leaving at noon tomorrow. She asked why, and I explained and she said it was a stupid idea and I shouldn't do it, that it will just make her feel worse. :ugh:

So, I ask, women of the forum, why is this a bad idea? I'm just trying to help her wind down a bit, even if it's only for dinner. Am I missing something here?

Btw, the menu is Caesar salad w/homemade Caesar dressing, bacon wrapped fillet minion with a peppercorn cognac sauce with asparagus on the side, and cheesecake for desert. Now you know why I'm leaving at noon, going to take me all afternoon for this shit. :hsd:

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Can I come over for supper?

Seriously, I have no clue why your coworker said it was a bad idea, I think it's an awesome idea. It's even better that you are making her something that she likes.

3. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

This is in no way a bad idea, I imagine your girlfriend is going to love it. The only reason your co-worker said it was a bad idea is probably because she is jealous.

4. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Damn, I never thought of the jealousy angle. :noes:

5. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

You have to look at every angle.

6. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

that is a great idea.

I remember when my mother was dying, I didn't eat or sleep, i just stayed up watchign mymom and cookign and cleaning house for my brotehr and my dad. i was a wreck. my friends and their families, to try and give me some peace and a bit of normalcy, always invited me over for dinner and stuff. it helped a lot and showed me someone cared for me while i cared for my mother.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Your co-worker is a dumb bitch. This is a fantastic idea! Keep up the good boyfriending.

8. MissJenn

MissJenn New Member

your co-worker is just jealous. its a fabulous idea! if i was brave enough to let my SO cook for me id do it...except he makes chicken nuggets for breakfast :mamoru:

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

another reason not to take advice from women on these matters

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

If your gf is stressed out her appetite might be decreased so don't be surprised if she eats less than usual.

But good idea.

Stupid co-worker.

11. dipset420

dipset420 New Member

Co-worker is a retarded bitch

Who wouldn't want that meal?

12. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Moron co-worker. Probably jealous. :squint:

That's a great idea. Go for it.

13. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I went ahead with dinner and everything went great! She actually started crying when she came in and I had everything ready. :hs:

The coworker that said it would be a bad idea made another comment today around 11:45 as I was getting ready to leave. She walks into my office and says "still leaving at noon to cook for the girlfriend?" I said yes and she just rolled her eyes and walked out. I'm starting to think you guys are right, she's just a jealous bitch.

14. Phantom Empress

:hug: fantastic!!

and tomorrow just tell your coworker she's a cunt and shouldn't rain on you parade EVER.

15. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Or I could just fire her. :bigthumb:

16. Phantom Empress

even better!!!!11

17. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Oh yeah, fire her! :rofl: That would be awesome.

18. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

You should call the co-worker out on it, I'd really like to hear what her reasoning is.

19. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

I think it is a wonderful idea. I don't know what is wrong with your co-worker, maybe she is just jealous :dunno: I say do it :)

20. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

the coworker is jealous. your girlfriend may be overwhelemed by it and not eat much or break down, but she will appreciate it in her heart. you are a good man.