Why is it so f'in hard to lower bodyfat dramatically?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Lionel Hutz, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

Im probably at like 19% right now, but since i am bulking, and still not big enough, no cutting for me yet. :wtc: But in the past i tried cutting a few times, since i really wanted a flat stomach, not even abs, just a fatless lower stomach. Well, i started at like 165, and went on a strict cutting diet (cardio, very good diet (about 1700 calories, 300g protein) kept lifting hard. The results were i got down to like 135, lost a crap load of muscle, and my bodyfat was practically the same, i just loooked like a smaller version of my 165lb self. This is why i hate bulking, all i wanna do is get a damn flat stomach, and then build myself into a monster. wtf. Im really worried that whenever i hit 185 or whatever my goal bulk weight is, if i cut i will just lose all my muscle and no body fat. Please help.

2. Spaulding Smails

Spaulding Smails Real Estate Guru

135? run sprints after lifting 'HIIT training' look it up......high intensity interval training is the acronym....

3. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

HIIT is exactly what i did. I've been lifting for 2 years almost. Im very good at building muscle, its just i can't cut for some reason.

4. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Taste it. You'll love it.

There is a forum for this.

Oh and it sounds like genetics are NOT on your side. :hs:

5. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

I'm not 135 right now, im like 165. And i am not "fat fat". I am mostly muscle i guess, just got like a healthy layer of fat over my entire stomach region. The lower part is the worst though, i have like a fistfull of fat on my belly.

6. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

genetics are definatley not on my side. I was one of those kids who weighed like 125 lbs, yet still had a healthy amount of fat and flab on them. Luckily i conquered the weight part a little, and got myself to 165, but im still worrying about the bodyfat part. :wtc:

7. Raekwon The Chef

Raekwon The Chef New Member

Yeah :werd: :mamoru:

8. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Taste it. You'll love it.

It's gonna be hard man. Genetics are a huge part of how easy it is to be really cut. You might have to settle with being really solid and strong. :dunno:

9. Ezekiel

Ezekiel ::OT Trance Crew:: #003

you need cardio, not lifting. Lifting doesnt get rid of fat. Running, Swimming, Jumprope, Martial arts, Rowing.

I have about a 5.33 due to Martial Arts.

10. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

I know lifting doesn't get rid of fat, but i don't wanna be like 140lbs and ripped. I still wanna be pretty big.

11. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

That im fine with, i just hate having globs of fat on my belly.

12. Ezekiel

Then do some cardio, the best thing for you would be a martial art. Then when you're at a comfortable point, quit and eat healthy to maintain it.

13. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

Yeah, i tried CKD, didn't really do too much for me. Id rather just lose the damn fat on my belly so i can just worry about building muscle, becuase i am naturally a small weak guy, and i wanna get built.

14. Ezekiel

what?

15. Ezekiel

i lift to, i dont just run all day. Im saying, lifting alone is not going to do it. Some cardio mixed in with it will chop him up pretty nice.

EDIT: Diet is the most important part you're right.

16. PcarFan

PcarFan Guest

my question is...who goes on a bulking diet when they have 19% bodyfat....:ugh:

Your overall diet is the key to losing body fat. I think at first you need to get yourself to a healthy bodyfat level and to do this you should decrease your calorie level and make sure you are cutting out a lot on un needed fat. Basically..no cheat food.

I guarantee that if you lift 4-5 days a week hard and do cardio 3 days a week with a good diet that isnt too low in calories nor too high..you will drop bodyfat with very very minimal muscle loss if any

17. Ezekiel

if you do cardio all day and dont lift... your going to be a wiry little fuck whose going to be destroyed after he gets punched in the chest. FACT. Lifting owns anyways.

18. Ezekiel

diet period will result in wieght loss. But your right, but cardio will most definatly speed the process up.

19. Ezekiel

:confused:

20. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Guest

I tried the cutting down and then bulking back up, and it doesn't work for me. I was gonna try just to maintain my current body fat as good as possible, but put on about 20 more lbs, then do an all out cut down to like 160.

21. Ezekiel

whats hot is a chick who doesnt lift to get buff or ripped, but lifts to stay in shape. Like lightwieghts, something cute like 10 lbs. Anyways, a good buddy at the gym. :bigthumb:

22. TriangleMan

TriangleMan What doesn't kill you is going to die

Honestly, muscles won't help you much for fighting as far as defense goes. I took about 4 hours of punishment at a seminar and the guy who was doing it has muscular guys trying him all the time and he said they went down just as easy as I did.

23. Ezekiel

There's a difference between street fighting and fighting with your brain. If i were to kick you in the knee caps and break your leg in twine, itd be the same if i did it to a big guy. But if a big guy gets slammed in the stomache, hes more likley to keep going than a wirey douche who gets slammed the same way. Theres just more in the way to cushin the blow. (im not talking about the (Solar Plexis)

24. PcarFan

PcarFan Guest

I think you really need to read up a little more on bulkin diets/cutting diets and lifting overall. Saying "it doesn't work for me" shows me you are inexpierianced lifter. The key is consistancy and not being lazy...

25. Ezekiel

:werd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.