MIL Why is it........ (Former Marines now in Army)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RecklessYouth, Dec 8, 2008.

1. RecklessYouth

RecklessYouth godamnlurker

Why is it prior service Marines who are currently in the Army cant go a single day without commenting on how the Marines do things better? :gives: Seriously, everything from PT to promotions to weapons qualification. It seems like every prior service Marine I run into in the Army has this affliction. I dont doubt the Marines have an effective way of doing things but I just feel like asking them, if the Marines are so freaking great, why the hell are you in the Army then??? :jerkit:

2. WildBull

WildBull Guest

quality of life, better pay, better options, etc.

It's hard to come from the Marines and go anywhere else... we have a certain way of doing things and yes, we're brainwashed. Everyone we work with that is not a Marine is an alien to us. My buddy who just joined the Army from Marines always wears his "green on green" PT uniform whenever they PT :rofl: . People ask him why and he said he is just proud. I find myself complaining a lot about the Marine Corps when I am in / around it but when I go somewhere else i'm like "wtf is this shit?!" . It's a love-hate relationship.

3. RecklessYouth

How is it better quality of life? We all have the same pay scale, How are there better options?

I guess my point is, I get it. They are proud as hell of being Marines, which they should be. Shit, Im proud of being a Soldier. But if the Marines are so "superior" to the Army, then why are they in the Army now and not still in the Marines?

4. RecklessYouth

Didnt take long for someone to take this to name calling. Gotcha cool guy. Fuck you very much. :fawk:

5. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

There was one Marine in my class at HHC at WOCS that would not shut the fuck up about the Marines. He would bring it up every chance he got, luckily he failed his apft and didn't class up with us. The other 3 Marines who were in my class were all pretty pleasant to be around and seemed to realize they were in the Army now.

6. WildBull

WildBull Guest

Another example is that when we were doing annual training, we just did a combat run with gear and rifles for about 1.5 - 2 miles (humped about 5 to get there) and were doing Martial arts. All of a sudden a few people from the Army come along in a mini-van to do their fitness test pretty close to us. I think it was a push-up and sit-up test followed by a run in tennis shoes around the track we just did our combat run on. Anyway, these few people ran around the dirt track and were on their final stretch when the fat bald guy with the stop watch just starts SCREAMING his head off with motivation while running along side this person who looks like they are going to die. They cross the finish line (~1.5-2 miles) and the fucking fat bald guy jumps up into the air, punches the air and screams "FUCK YEAHHH!!!! 25:30!!!!!!" and proceeds to high five the runner and let out a "WOOOOOOOO!!! YEAHHHH!!!" "HOOAH!!". :rofl:

In the Marine Corps a 25:30 for a 3 mile is pretty bad. :mamoru:

They then got in their mini-van and left :rofl: ....we all stood around looking at each other like "wtf just happened?"

7. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

I'm calling the BS card. 25:30 is not a passing score for any gender, for any age. Wanna turn this into army bashing? Fine, but the reserves aren't the most hardcore shit around.

8. WildBull

WildBull Guest

I'm pretty sure the score was in the mid-twenties somewhere :hsugh: . Never said we were hardcore shit, we were just doing regular training and these fagmos come out of nowhere hooting and hollering in their minivan. It was a good comparison IMO.

9. Julius

Julius Guest

i don't know. they're fucking annoying, almost as bad as prior infantry/combat arms soldiers. usually they add nothing except bitching to the fullest extent. nobody cares about what you did before.

10. 197666

197666 New Member

The Marines is def a love hate thing. The Army has a simpler version of doin things but its only once you make that switch from Marine to Army do you notice why its done that way.

Half a Marines pride comes from all the bull shit the Corps puts them through.

11. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

its not a good comparison because you have no context for the situation whatsoever.

you have no idea if that guy that was runing had had surgery a few months ago, had been on a profile for quite a while, etc., and had improved greatly, thus the enthusiasm.

12. WildBull

WildBull Guest

No... the fat guy out of control was the one with the stop watch. It was a female running. You may be right, but it was a little out of hand. Especially if you have us conducting group demonstrations like 30 feet away.

13. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

not anymore

14. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

oh well in that case....

i dont think i've ever met more than a handful of female soldiers who werent on some kind of permanant profile

15. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

I think the SEALS should just go around and bash everyone.

16. WildBull

WildBull Guest

not really. I've seen them roll through, they're just more ballsy and probably more skilled at what they do. Most of the ones I saw had big beer bellies and full beards. They went out with like 2 vehicles.

17. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

no joke ever 'former marine' in the army i've met has been a complete turd. i think the marines eat their own WAY BETTER then the army so when they are denied reenlistment in the corps they 'go green'...

I will give the marines credit for that... the army seems to be getting fatter more lazier shitbags by the second and noone gets chaptered for ANYTHING anymore.

Go Awol for a year? Hey you can still get your e-5! (seen it happen this deployment)

Smoke weed 3 times? Hey you can still reenlist (seen it happen)

Are you fatter then fuck? Hey congrats on making your e-6 (this happened in our s-1 shop)

Did you just lie about your college credits to get promo points? Well fuck me we aren't taking any action but you may have to wait o... 3 months to get your E-6 again. (once again in our s-1 shop)

If this shit happened in any other service I'd be surprised. Truth is Army is so desperate for anything all the smarter people are getting out in mass exodus (after 15 month stop losses of course) and all the retards are staying in AND getting promoted since if your a stop lossed soldier or plan on getting out then fuck sending you to the board.

18. Julius

Julius Guest

:werd: this is simply why I can't take it anymore. i got a new soldier a few days ago and it's going to take wonders to mold him into something remotely useful.

19. Accord

Accord New Member

:werd:

20. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

:werd: Marine Corps is a love/hate thing. Mostly love though. I should be reenlisted by the end of the week hopefully.;) :noes:

21. Accord

Accord New Member

:sadwavey:

22. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

wha, you don't want me back in my beloved Corps?

23. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

wat, no. :hsugh:

24. WildBull

WildBull Guest

All depends on what you're doing it for. The only way I would enlist is to go fight on the ground again because it's such a rush and to have a little personal vendetta / help the iraqi people out or kill people. Something along those lines. Say if you were supply, admin, cook, intel, etc etc why would you want to put up with the bullshit? I would soooo go airforce and get better living conditions, and bang countless amounts of females.

I've never worked with a female Marine (infantry battalion ftl)

25. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

How is it better quality of life? Well, for one, the former Marine is pointing it out to you. The Army is run like slobs, people get away with more shit, lack of discipline, less responsibilities. Secretly, the former Marine loves it. That's why he switched.