GUN why im afraid to own a gun

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by M617, Jul 3, 2009.

1. M617

M617 Guest

seriously im afraid im gonna get drunk and take the thing out and act like an ass and hurt someone or kill someone or myself

i drink alot on the weekends and somtimes wake up forgetting some events from the night before

my question is am i the perfect example of someone who shouldnt own a gun? i know i could handle it though i just dont wanna take the chance you know accidents CAN happen and ive made some stupid mistakes in my life

2. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

LOL

Please don't buy a gun.

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i think that it takes a responsible human being to be able to own a firearm without putting themself or anyone else at risk.

to me, hearing that someone drinks to excess sometimes so much so that they cant remember anything does not sound like a responsible human being.

not to say that gun owners dont drink, but we know our limits, when enough is enough, and are responsible enough to stop with our "last one".

if you can get to the point where you trust your self with alcohol, i think trust with a firearm can follow

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

if you don't trust yourself with a gun then you should not own one.

5. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

6. M617

M617 Guest

this is a serious thread though....i thought about getting a handgun or shotgun because i heard shotguns are great for home protection but as i said i could see me and my brother or friends getting hammered and stoned and taking the gun out(because if i get one its gonna be a good one) and looking at it and pointing it and most likely firing it...i havent got one yet because overall i think im afriad lol

7. From the sound of things (especially the "hammered and stoned" part) you probably shouldn't be anywhere near a gun. The last thing the gun community needs is a group drunk stoners doing something stupid with a gun.

8. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

my buddy and i were going over to another friend's house, to have a few drinks... as we're walking in the phone rings, and we hear a gunshot... we go running into the kitchen to see him standing there, with a gun in hand and a hole in the floor... he claimed the was a roach he could not kill, so he shot it... long story short, i never went over there again.

9. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I get drunk as shit, high, do shrooms, etc all the time but I never touch my guns :dunno:

10. M617

M617 Guest

i wouldnt go there agian either that woulda been scary lol

11. M617

M617 Guest

when i smoke weed im fine i would probably be better with the gun because of paranoia and awareness but drunk and stoned or either or then forget about

12. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

I smell a troll.

13. M617

M617 Guest

ive trolled before but this thread as you can tell isnt fooling anyone or making jokes im just discussing the topic of guns and getting wasted

14. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

It's all about being responsible. If you're not willing to be responsible without a gun, then I wouldn't bank on you being responsible with one.

15. bobotech

bobotech New Member

Don't buy a gun.

16. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I like alcohol and sometimes get a bit intoxicated. I still never drink and drive, juggle knives, play gun games, get in fights, etc. If you're an irresponsible dumbass (you know if you are), then you shouldn't have a gun most likely.

17. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

You sir are not responsible enough to own a gun at this time. I do give you credit in thinking about it before hand. Maybe one day you will make some life changes or life decisions where you are capable of responsibly owning a gun. Until then party on, just don't do so while owning guns.

18. M617

M617 Guest

basically....this pretty much sums it up

19. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

I drink pretty heavily...never to the point where I dont realize I shouldnt be handling a gun.

20. Finest

Finest OG #93

If you know you're going to drink your face off, lock it up tight beforehand, or give it to someone you trust off property to hold for the night?

21. Laurel

Laurel New Member

When I'm pretty drunk, I can't even get into the safe. :dunno:

I know this because I was trying to put my pistol away before heading out to a bar. :hs:

22. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

I'm chuckling at the thought of you pawing at the safe and Craig laughing his ass off as you make funny sounds of frustration.

23. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Look, I go out and get wasted at least two nights a week. At least once a month I "time warp" and even though I'm awake I don't remember anything that happens until someone tells me about it the next day. I also smoke on occasion... Besides all those points, never have I considered taking out my guns at that point of inebriation. And if I have company over all my guns are cased up and put in closets.

My point is, some people have an inherit respect for a gun's power. Some people when they pick up a gun for the first time know to keep their finger off the trigger and they know not to point it at their friends as a joke even when it's "unloaded" without every being told to do so. Other people just seem kind of clueless about it, and no offense, you don't seem like you know how to safely handle a firearm. I'm not saying you shouldn't ever own one, but you need to do some learning before you handle a firearm.

24. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

honestly, thats the reason a lot of people dont want others to own guns too. they're afraid what THEY will do with it so they dont trust others either

25. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

You should've shot it open.