LGBT Why I hate Seattle

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by stolid_agnostic, Apr 3, 2007.

1. stolid_agnostic

stolid_agnostic One who is both stolid and agnostic. Get a diction

So very dangerous here. I just received this email on my school account:

This message is being sent to all of C&C:

This is to alert you that there was a shooting at Gould Hall this morning at around 9 a.m., and two people are dead. UW police are reporting that Gould Hall is secure and the shooting appears to be an isolated incident. Officials said a weapon was recovered and they believe one of the deceased is the suspect. No further details are available at this time.

Gould Hall will remain closed today, Monday, April 2, and all classes held in Gould Hall have been cancelled. Some effort is being made to relocate classes. Students should contact their department for more information.

With the exception of Gould Hall, the UW-Seattle campus is open today and operating on a regular schedule.

C&C will also operate normally today. Please avoid the area around Gould Hall. We will update you if this status changes.

Members of the UW community impacted by the tragedy this morning in Gould Hall may make use of a number of free services for crisis and grief counseling.
    Students may drop by the Student Counseling Center, located in Schmitz Hall, Room 401 (206-543-1240) to talk to trained counselors.

2. stolid_agnostic

I have heard 5 shootings in the last 9 months (the time that I've lived here) just outside the window of my apartment. My friends have even heard it while talking to me on the phone! I can't wait to finish up so that I can get the hell out of this backwards state!

:wtc:

3. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

:noes:

Small towns FTW. Here you just have to be careful of the stray bullets people shoot off when they are fucked up.

4. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

where in the u district do you live? That plays a big role. There are the bad areas and the good areas, like in any city. I <3 Seattle. It's the fuckin hippies who replaced my Jack-In-The-Box antenna ball with one that said MEAT IS MURDER that i fuckin hate! It's the idiots that protested the war by blocking 520 and sought approval from college students that i fuckin hate. I'm sorry to say, but most of these kids are living off of their parent's income and have the time to be granola eaters because the shit is so much more expensive than the processed shit! Yet they drive their SUVs to Whole Foods!

Sorry, but those were my personal issues with Seattle :)

5. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:werd: Or driving down the road when it's hunting season! :bowdown:

6. XPX

XPX New Member

been there done that graduated with flying colors...:o

7. stolid_agnostic

:werd:

and all the emo kids who are rebelling against daddy's authoritarianism

I tell you now - I've lived in 6 states and there is something wrong with the people here - everyone is TRYING so hard to be hip and yet non-conformist that they conform to nonconformity and blatantly display hypocricy in the meantime

people TRY to hard to be cool, to have personality, to act appropriately that they are not natural in any way and really HAVE no personality

go to a place like New York, Chicago, San Francisco - people there are genuine and have personality

wish that people here could see that

oh well, only another year and then I can go back to civilization

8. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

totally agree, i always said, seattle, home of people who go to whole foods in their suvs and get triple shot - soy lattes from one of the ten starbucks across the street.

At the same time, i love the city and the focus on the environment. The fact that they have regular recycling and the buses run on the electric wires (well i hate the buses when they fall off the wires). And i love the trail that goes by campus. Fav running spot, handsdown!

But yes, i agree to a point. This is the place where strange hyprocisy happens. We felt sorry for the college student that was run over by the tank in the middle east (call me cruel, but i question why she was there in the first place and why she woulda stayed in its path to the point where she wouldnt have been able to get out of the way, even if she broke her ankle then and had to crawl out of its path).

And at the same time, this is the place where people told a suicidal woman to jump and get it over with as she stood on the edge of the I-5 bridge near UW campus. All this because she was blocking traffic from going at its usual pace.

9. stolid_agnostic

awwww.....to make it worse, someone peed on the front porch of my building yesterday. there is a dark puddle of urine there now

:barf:

10. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

...but the weather is so fantastic! (seriously, I love the weather in Seattle)

11. stolid_agnostic

spoken by a person who has visited during the summer :rofl: :rofl:

not a crack on you, but I hear that a lot from people who have visited who then later complain once they move here and it hits them that it is constant and never-ending

12. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

naw i liked it as well. The summers are nice yes, but even the rain was refreshing. I enjoyed the cooler winters, compared to this one in Ohio, which was considered passive

13. Carrots

Carrots New Member

Don't judge Washington by Seattle alone. Get out of King County and you're a world apart. Go across the mountains and well... don't go across the mountains. ;)

I personally love the summer, spring and fall here, but the perpetually cloudy winter can get sorta depressing. It's pretty short and pretty mild, though. And we don't get the awful greyish snow that you find on the east coast.

14. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

I hate to be stereotypical, or pessimistic, but thats more of an american/human trait, I think. :wtc:

15. stolid_agnostic

well it really is something that I see happen more here than anywhere else I've lived

it's why I miss San Fran - you see these sort of people but they aren't common while they seem to be the norm

16. deciduous

deciduous +00 mvch T41L-w4gg1ng

:werd: OP, you do realize that you are judging most of the city based on a college? Try living in dorms in some other city/state and you will probably find the same thing. It is called college age kids trying to fit in/conform/be themselves... life.

17. stolid_agnostic

I have lived in a dorm in another city actually

at the moment I live alone in an apartment off campus.

I have lived in 6 states, lived in New Orleans, San Francisco, Los Angeles and several smaller cities.

This is truly how Seattle is, itś different than the other places I have lived

also I used to be the seattle merchandiser and salesperson for a watch company and worked each week at the downtown macy's. i have been exposed to all sorts of society in this area.

i am not one of those you seem to accuse me of being, one who jumps to conclusion. i have known many people, and observed many things. i feel that I have a very good understanding of people and my friends constantly tell me "you were right about him"

18. sosick

sosick New Member

i hear Seattle gets alot of rain. if people dont get sunlight, they get depressed. there must be alot of suicides there.

19. stolid_agnostic

it is actually the highest suicide rate in the US

everyone here is depressed, passive aggressive, and highly addicted to caffeine

20. stolid_agnostic

hmmmm

maybe being in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do is worse :dunno:

21. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

so come back to the Bay :)

22. stolid_agnostic

yeah if I stay in the US after I graduate, I will for sure be back there

otherwise, I'll be in south america (as you all know)

23. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

move to detroit i hear its safe :o

24. stolid_agnostic

:rofl:

25. compu_85

compu_85 Woooo! 60HP!

[​IMG]:nuts:

-J