Why had Leopard turned into a piece of shit for me?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MGD, Feb 29, 2008.

1. MGD

MGD Guest

When I first installed Leopard it ran great, a few small bugs here and there, but it was fast and stable. Over time it got a little worse, but nothing that really bothered me.

Now as of today it's gotten so bad it feels like I'm using Windows. Safari constantly crashes on me, probably like 5-8 times a day at completely random times and the website I'm at doesn't matter. A lot of the time when I'm doing something simple, like clicking on something in iTunes or iWork, it will freeze and I will get that spinning beach ball thing for like 20 seconds. It will either start working again or crash. It happens to all my programs.

I have no idea what to do about it. I'll probably end up reformatting this weekend. I barely made any system changes. Only thing I ever do is occassionally download a new program from apple.com, but those can't be the problem because they are from Apple, and I got so few from there.

2. FunkyMonks

FunkyMonks OT Supporter

:dunno:

i've never experienced any problems.

3. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

run onyx :bowdown:

4. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

i'm not having any issues either. are you running 10.5.2? ran "permissions" after the update?

5. MGD

MGD Guest

I did that. Also my internet is soo fuckign slow, like 56k. I tried it on other connnections in other rooms and same problem. I have my friends use their computer on all the connections I tried and they have no problems. So far I've only tested ethernet, but I'll test the wireless when I go home.

My specs are:
    Macbook
    2.16ghz C2D
    120GB HDD
    2GB RAM

6. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

maybe youre running on energy saver

7. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Well, problem #1 is you're using Safari instead of Firefox; I can't stand Safari, to be honest. I much prefer Firefox and Thunderbird, both apps have always been rock solid for me on my macbook. Of course, it helps that I'm running with 4GB of RAM, so hardly anything makes the system bog down much even while running Ubuntu 7.10 x64 in the background with VMWare Fusion.

I've had no problems of the sort you're describing with my 10.5.2 install :crazy:

8. MGD

MGD Guest

I tried Firefox and it sucked, but maybe that is because my computer is all fucked up now anyways.

9. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

10. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

based on this statement, your opinion in this forum is worthless in my eyes...
    Firefox is the worst browser you can use on a mac...

11. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:hsugh:

12. Tvan

Tvan New Member