GUN Why doesnt stuff like this happen to me

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jun 24, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Woman finds brand new grenade in backyard
    Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:09am EDT

CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - Canadian military and police are investigating after a package containing a brand new hand grenade, belonging to the army, was found in a suburban backyard, police said on Monday.

A woman in the Western Canadian city of Edmonton, Alberta, discovered the suspicious package on Sunday and took it to her local police station, where officers told her to carefully place it on the lawn.

Police called in the bomb squad, which determined the item was a grenade, still in its packaging and belonging to the Canadian military.

The technicians made sure the package was secure and called

military personnel in to dispose of the ordnance.

"It is quite unusual for someone to find a grenade in their

backyard, especially one that hasn't been spent," Edmonton police spokeswoman Patrycia Chalupczynska said.

"We want to advise people that if they ever do find something suspicious-looking, they shouldn't touch it -- just leave it alone and call police."

2. texchef

texchef Guest

No shit. A guy that shot in my Steel squad on Sunday found a 1911 buried in his backyard. Apparently the original owner of the house hid the gun from his wife and then they moved he forgot about it. Nephew came over showing off his new metal detector and it pegged in the yard. They started digging and they found a shiny colt wrapped in plastic wrap and stuffed inside a shoebox.

He contacted the previous owner, wife picked up and knew nothing about a gun. Threatened to call the police if he called back. +1 1911 fo frizzle. Fucker.

3. johnson

johnson New Member

:rofl:

4. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

yeah remember a few years ago a news article about somebody finding a tompson in their wall. The idiots turned it over to the police who then had it destroyed.

What a freaking waste. If it were me.

Yar "What Tompson, what is that?"

5. Liptonucf

Liptonucf wee woo wee woo wee woo

I want firearms coming out of my wall damn it.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:cool: It wasnt all rusted or anything? Just wrapped up in plastic? Wonder how long it had been in the ground.

7. texchef

texchef Guest

He said the mag needing replacing but after a good cleaning it was near perfect. Said there was a TON of plastic wrap around the gun. He had no clue how long it had been there.

8. H. Birdman

H. Birdman New Member

Yeah, some kids that live up the road from me found two .22 pistols down at the beach under a jetty a few weeks ago actually, their parents call up the police and they were turned in.
    I found a small cache of air rifles years and years ago under a rock when bush walking, they were all really rusted, i didn't think they'd work. Im pretty sure they should still be there.

9. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:cool: I take you must live in a fairly dry part of texas, would of thought with out any cosmo moisture in the ground would rust them. How long has he owned the house?

10. mtnbike4522

mtnbike4522 CelicaTech.com

I guess several years ago one of the local sheriffs left his mp5 on the trunk of his car and drove off. nobody has seen it since

11. texchef

texchef Guest

He expected it to be a rust bucket also. Said he had to dig about 3 feet down so i suspect the metal detector was badass, i know nothing about them. Soil composition varies a lot around here and he happened to be in an area high in clay so I guess that helped. Just got an email from him and he did a serial number search and the pistol dates in the early 90s.

12. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

i wish i could find shit like this :wtc:

No fucking way I'd turn that in :hsugh: