MMA Why doesn't Eddie Bravo score the UFC bouts anymore?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by kopetzki, Apr 14, 2009.

1. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

He's at like every ufc did Zuffa not want to pay him anymore?

2. roose

roose Guest

There were a few events which Bravo scored fights completely opposite of what the judges saw. Having Eddie's scores completely contradict the judges was not good for business and he got the axe.

3. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Im not sure, eddie and a bit of a hack as well as being overrated but thats my personal opinion.

to answer your question though is a bit hard, seeing Bravo is really popular with most american grapplers especially the newbs. So its hard to see why they would let him go. But I think he now does the high light reels at the end of a fight when they show some of the high points of the fight. Maybe they just moved him around?

4. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

The Judges also saw Rampage lose and they also Saw Bisping beat the shit out of Hamil too :hsugh:

5. Kuet

Kuet New Member

jesus can you reply to a post regarding eddie bravo without being a complete biased douche towards him?

And bravo never officially scored bouts, he just gave his own personal opinion on them after rounds, and i found myself disagreeing with a few of his calls.

6. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

I actually agree, but there are a lot of people including rampage that think different. Judges have made some horrible calls and tons as of late, but I'm to tired lol. You should never leave a fight to them, but still I don't think Bravo made any worse of a call than any of this other bullshit.

7. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

What they should do is just have Cecil Peoples score the UFC bouts so he feels like he's doing something, while actual competent judges are made responsible for the scores that count.

8. $lacker

$lacker FD/Dental/Canadian/Cage Crews OT Supporter

:bowdown:
    Whenever there is a split decision, just listen for who Cecil says the winner is (if he is one of the first 2 scores announced). The other person won

9. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Saw your guy Derek fight on Friday night in New Richmond. He looked fuckign AWESOME again. Second time I've seen him fight. Kid has unreal, natural stand up. If he got real serious - he could go somewhere with it. He's fluid and smart. Looks like he can handle himself just fine on the mat too. His MT was pretty. He was one of 3 guys on the whole card who knew how to throw.

10. Kuet

Kuet New Member

vid or hl of this said derek?

11. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

You need to get out to the fights more buddy. I see Chris out all of the time and I'm always on the look out for you to say hi. Apparently - in real life we look alike. Lol.

Yeah man - Derek seems like a really good kid on top of being a NATURAL. If he sticks with it, he could be good.

Unlikely. I think he's only got like 3 shows. He fought about 3 months ago on the same amateur card as my brother and I'm assuming last weekend was one of his first pro fights. If I come acrosss anything - I'll post it. Tony - if you have anything post it up.