Why does VS.Net 2k3 do this?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tk, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

When I'm working with the gui section of the app, lets say I make a button, double click to edit code, and then I want to change the button's name. I do so in the Properties box, but when I double click the button again the same name appears in the private void line.

Why doesnt it change it there? Kindof just throws me off because I know I changed the name of the button, and I can call it by using the name I changed it to, but the old name remains in the code!

:wtf:

-travis

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

it doesn't automaticly go back and change the name of the event_click. And I think that's a good thing. Lets say that you had two buttons or whatever using the same function for their click events. If you changed the name of the first button, which changes the function name, then your other button's click event would not be there anymore because of the name change. Usually I will go through and name all of my controls FIRST and then go create all the events. :)

3. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

alright... thats what i figured id do after i started using it more. right now im just playing around with different functions and controls, trying to get a feel for the environment still as well ;)

4. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

I really don't like the environment much. It's too slow to do simple things. I'm a keyboard guy, and i hate having to move my mouse over and do things that i used to be able to do really easily in other Dev environments. I have to use it daily, and I should probably sit down and figure out some macro's or something, but i'm too lazy lol