Why does this feel like a mistake...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Reign, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Reign

Reign Banned

So I finally mustered up the courage and broke up with my GF yesterday. Now all I can think about is if this is a huge mistake. I've felt nothing but really shitty ever since I did it and am now wondering if I did it for the right reasons.

Saturday night she invited me to her friend's party and I didn't want to go. She doesn't know that I've been talking to this girl on the side and my friends been kinda setting us up. Well I half lied to my GF and said I was going to a friends to play video games that night so I didn't have to go. I say half because that was part of the initial plan. The other part was this girl and I were going to get to know each other around a mutual friend. Well when I was on my way there my friend called and told me to go pick up this girl, that "she wouldn't mind at all if I picked her up", and it just so happens we are mutually attracted to each other. Well I pick her up and we get back and everyone else is "tired" and doesn't want to go out for food. So her and I just go... it was like an unofficial date, we got along real well, share a lot of similar interests we had fun doing absolutely nothing but talk. Here's the weird part though... she told me how she's super ticklish and all this, kept plafully slapping me and such when I'd make fun of her. HOWEVER, she did make mention of that all the guys she meets always want something more than to just be friends, and all i got at the end was a hug and she called me "buddy", but I'm pretty sure she's just at a full defensive posture. I'm usually pretty good at reading if a girl likes me but she was definitely sending mixed signals or maybe she acts like a "friend" the way most girls act like "I like you". Anyway....

Now that I said that, yesterday I break up with my GF for reasons in, and some that are not, the other thread. I've felt nothing but guilt since. I was so sure that I wasn't breaking up with my GF for another girl and now I'm wondering if I did it just for the curiosity of what's out there. I've been with her for the past 2 years (next month) and I care about her deeply... I thought I wasn't in love with her anymore but when I told her everything yesterday it absolutely killed me to see her cry. Not only that but I now have a slight feeling of resentment towards this other girl... like she's the one that caused this. I have to keep telling myself that I was thinking of breaking up before I met this other girl and although she may have been the final flash point, it wasn't because of her.

I just don't know if this isn't a huge mistake. I've never felt this bad after breaking up with someone, however, I've never wanted to remain friends afterwards and this is also my longest relationship. :wtc::sadwavey:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  2. Jerb Creator

Jerb Creator quack! OT Supporter

this is what happens with every failing relationship for me. I always have second thoughts afterwards.

3. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Unless you just don't give a shit of course you are going to feel bad when someone you have cared about for so long is crying and hurting. You'd be a bit of a prick if you didn't care actually, but as long as your reasons for breaking up were fine, then it needed to be done. I don't remember your other thread so I'm not going to comment on your reasons, but this new girl sounds like she may just want to be friends.

I also hate when chicks say "all the guys she meets always want something more than to just be friends". Single (and attached) guys will of course want to be more than friends with attractive females, it's basically human nature. If she REALLY wants no sexual interest from guys she could dress really badly and never shower, but that's not going to happen.

4. kiri

kiri New Member

make a list of reasons to stay with her and reasons to break up with her. if you have it all down in front of you it will probably be really easy to see why you wanted to break up with her in the first place and whether it's a reason to stay broken up.

5. Reign

Reign Banned

Damn it... she texted me today. It was about rent on the apartment so she had to, but fucking hell does this suck...

I'm kind of afraid of being single again. It's kinda scary... I know I'm not a bad looking guy (I've infact been told I'm pretty good looking... for a 5'6'' midget :mamoru: )and people even like to be around me, but still....

6. fray

fray New Member

it's always hard right after the fact. changes your routine and you're always questioning whether it was right or not. Don't forget that you had reasons to break up with her. It's not like you did it just for the hell of it. You just need to get through the phase where you're used to being with her.

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

IByou'rebangingthemboth

8. Reign

Reign Banned

No, I definitely did not cheat.