COMIC Why does Quesada want a political agenda in just about EVERY Marvel book?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Sirc, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Why is he such a huge faggot and why is it that in the last 1.5 years, every marvel book has to carry some sort of bullshit partisan political message.

God I wish I could meet Quesada so I could punch him in his stupid fat head and then pee on his nose.

2. THE LIOG

THE LIOG EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE

he makes those faggot "truth" commercials look pro-smoking

3. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Well, don't blame the writers or anything :hsugh:

4. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

What's there to blame? Quesada pushes them to sprinkle in some political agenda in there.

5. DevPool

DevPool So you like to play games, huh!?

I was just wondering if you were still angry ole buddy. :rofl:

6. Macgyver

Macgyver Deep beneath the rolling waves...

It's probably because a lot, if not most, creative-types lean a little left, for lack of a better category. Artists, writers, actors, creative types, the lefties far outweigh the righties, read OT during the daylight hours and you'll find a hate post about a liberal artist of some type.

There are certainly right-leaning writers, but in my mind, I just don't see them digging comics enough to write them.

Plus, and this is pure conjecture, within a fantasy world, writers tend to simplify reality, and regarding heroes, allow them to make the less pragmatic, more utopian descisions.

I wouldn't call myself creative in a traditional sense, but I identify with the "political" agenda Quesada allows in the books. I'm more interested in how things should be, than how they are, and I know I'm not alone in thinking like that, read OT late at night and you'll find others like me, lol.. It's an idealist point of view, not necessarily a liberal one.

7. Chitty Chitty Gang Bang

Chitty Chitty Gang Bang OTCC

:rolleyes:

8. void

void oh yeah?

next you're going to tell us nova is a communist because of the time-traveling russkie dog :rofl:

:ugh2:

9. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

I don't mind idealistic how things could be societies.

What bothers me is a whole entire event arc based on some retarded psuedo-intellectual commentary on America. (COUGHCIVILWARCOUGH) Or did we already forget the atrocious Front Lines comic? :ugh:

It's this faux-"artistic" thing they have going on. The writers and Quesada are so fucking concerned about getting their "message" across, that they do some dumbfuck bullshit that isn't interesting. I mean really, who the hell here is actually all that interested what Marvel's been doing lately? OOooh, ANOTHER skrull invasion? WOW! THIS IS EXCITING AND FRESH! MY COCK IS IN HAND WAITING FOR THE END! WHAT? THIS TIME WE CAN'T TELL WHO THEY ARE?! WHO WOULD'VE EXPECTED THAT WITH SHAPESHIFTERS?

It's like they're not even trying anymore. Next we'll see Galactus going back on his word and invading the planet. Or maybe Jean Grey will come back AGAIN from the dead and we'll have another Dark Phoenix arc. :hsugh:

10. Disguy

Disguy Batman > Moon Knight OT Supporter

i just heard that in the next major arc the world is taken over by apocalypse and he's hunting down mutants and killing them. Get this wolverine only has one ARM!

11. CabbieNamedAxel

CabbieNamedAxel OTCC|SF OT Supporter

SIRC WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY

12. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Feels good man.

13. kelvs

kelvs OT Supporter

a happy non-emo Sirc would be weird

14. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Oh shit, let's take bets on what the next major event's gonna be.

How long has it been since Phoenix made a big appearance? If it's been like 5 years, then it's about time she does a cameo.

Nah, I think that it will be either:

1. Some kind of NEW virus that kills all the super powered folk and so only the (newly reassembled, again) Avengers with some extras go back in time and not only do they get to retcon a bunch of stupid bullshit, they also have to SAVE SUPERHUMANITY!!! Only it turns out that it's something that either: 1. Moira McTaggert put together but just to calmly forgot about or 2. Pym does something stupid again.

Or it's gonna be:

2. [onslaught/beyonder/apocalypse/galactus/etc] is hungry for [power/resources/sue richards/xavier] and [avengers/xmen/spider-man/DD] have to go to [alternate dimension/South America/space] to [destroy/stop/fight/reason] with [bad guy] but end up having to put a distress signal out to everyone with powers but in the end it's a selfless sacrifice by [Dr. Doom/Ultron/Hood/Mandrin/etc.] who inevitably and hesistantly saves the world showing that even if they are evil, they still have some good inside of them. But in the last panel it shows that [bad guy] is still not actually dead and gains a new power to start off the next Story Arc.

15. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

:rofl:

I think the best part is that upon first glance at the title, I thought it read Al Qaeda instead of Quesada.

16. pojoWRX

pojoWRX comics, indie hip-hop, home theater, Subie and dad

Marvel Zombies didn't have an political agenda..............................or did it?