Why does my wireless ethernet card disconnect me every few mins?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by UncompiledMonkey, Nov 27, 2003.

1. I read about this problem before on this forum but forgot the solution....... I connect to internet with my laptop through wireless card, (i have dlink router) it keeps me online 10 mins, then disconnects (it kept happening with linksys card, then i tried another one i had dlink, it worked fine but same problem started happening) and yes i updated all the drivers

2. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

:dunno: I've had some weird problems with that happening on Windows XP - from what I've found (searching around the net) it seems to be related to XP's wireless zero configuration thingie - I upgraded drivers and that solved it for me (I think, it was a while ago)

3. yea i am running window xp.... so the only solution is updating the drivers? hm

4. ok when i connect to the network i always checked the "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network" and this time i unchecked it and it stopped disconnecting me....... o

5. Achance007

Achance007 Active Member

i had problems with my dlink router and card as well. then i uninstalled some Xp wireless app and everything was fine

6. piyo319

piyo319 i

D-Link <--- thats your problem :)

You buy piece of mind when ya get a Linksys, 3Com, US Robotics... a little bit more, but well worth it

7. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

:o

sorry, that can be a problem too

8. works fine now

9. why

10. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

I had that same problem, I disabled windows wireless management and switched to using INTEL's. everything was fine after... Also, try switching channels on the router.