Why does my ex-GF want to see me, on what would have been our 3 year anniversary?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sandwichaction, Nov 18, 2008.

1. sandwichaction

sandwichaction New Member

Back story on relationship: I'm 22 and she's 21. We're in a serious relationship for almost two and half years. During this relationship, I was really possessive and controlling. The reason for my behavior was simply because of my own insecurities and inexperience. But that did not stop her from loving me and being with me.

Toward the two year mark, I felt like I was missing out on the peak of my youth. So I started going out to the bars/clubs more frequently. She started to do the same as well with her friends. Eventually my insecurities took over my way of thinking and at this point in time i just could not trust her being in that kind of environment, even though she has been nothing but 100% faithful in our relationship. I eventually broke up with her for good and she accepted that.

After I had officially declared myself as single, I was having a blast. I was going out every weekend. Getting numbers left and right. Casual sex here and there :naughty:. Met a couple of really interesting girls along the way. But then I soon realized that the grass wasn't greener on the other side. And that's when my ex-GF started to get back in contact with me. Up until this point in time I did a very good job of ignoring and avoiding her.

So we start hanging out more often. At least once or twice a week. By hanging out with her, it made me realized how I took her for granted and how much I missed her. I eventually told her that I want us to get back together and that I would change my behavior and fix things in our relationship. She disagreed to that idea because she thinks that I won't change and that she did not want to be in a relationship right now, for whatever reasons. After a long stressful talk I decided the best thing for ME was to move on and cut off all contact from her (again). We gave each other closure and decided to go our separate ways again.

So right now, It still feels like I'm still recovering from the break up, but slowly progressing to feeling better about myself and the mistakes I've made. I just got this hotties ## this past Friday. But then TODAY, my ex-GF texts me saying she wants to see me, this coming Friday, on what would have been our three year anniversary :hsugh:.

Why is she doing this? I am still in love with her but something tells me that this isn't whats best for me right now and that I'll just end up confused and heart broken at the end of the night. Is she fucking with me?

CLIFFS - 2 year relationship goes sour because I'm an insecure and inexperienced idiot. We agree to go our separate ways. I'm starting to feel better about the situation. Now ex-GF wants to meet on what would have been our 3 year anniversary.

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Ask her? She'd be the only one that could answer that question.

3. sandwichaction

I probably will ask eventually. Its just that talking/seeing her right now just makes me feel like I'm taking two steps back because it usually just ends up in an emotional headache.

4. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

SUCKS BRO

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

trust your instincts. If you feel you're not ready to hang out, and that it would make things worse, tell her, "I'm sorry, but I can't see you right now".

We could analyze all day why she might want to see you, but it's a moot point.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Do NOT do it. You are not over her. Stop contacting her in any way and ignore her attempts.

7. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

it doesnt matter why she wants to see you, it only matters that you are not ready to see her.

8. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

:werd: don't do it you will just be miserable while she laughs in your face.

9. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

qfmft!

10. jonno

jonno New Member

agreed with what the last few posters said. but... i have a feeling you WILL go see her.

11. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

again, qfmft :hs:

12. sandwichaction

Im definitely not ready to see her yet. Im having too much being single right now and seeing her right now would just fuck with my confidence, then I would back to square one again. Im just going to cut her out of my life for now.

I really did some thinking and if I did see her, what would that accomplish? Are we going to get back together and be happy? I really doubt that. We're both young, and after getting a taste of the single life, it's for sure how i WANT to live for now. Chances are she's probably just feeling lonely.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:x: Here's to hoping you are the one person who is actually smart enough to trust his gut.