SRS Why does everything make me angry?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Navvik, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

OK. Seriously, I get angry at the drop of a hat. I've got a temper but my dad (who i got my temper from) always taught me that my temper is the only thing i can't get rid of by losing it. But it seems like everything about my life makes me want to punch a baby. My laptop crapped out last night (whee viruses) and i went apeshit and didn't go to bed till i got it system restored and protected properly. I was watching TV, and i don't even remember what set me off but I went from calm to chew the head off a person in like 6 seconds. I'm not like this at work or on weekends, when i'm gaming with friends i'm fine. It just seems like i'm losing it more and more. Also my dad has been no help, he just tells me to drink more or to get laid, but I dont drink.
    Does anyone else get like this or am I a nuke waiting to blow?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

start lifting weights. it's my outlet for anger.

3. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

Step ahead of you, just renewed membership to gym yesterday.

4. Daria

Daria New Member

Any traumatic events from childhood?

5. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

None that haven't been handled in a matter of speaking.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Oh this is just the demented father syndrome, i've had the same problem like you, a father is supposedly to be a rolemodel that you look up to as a kid. But their demented tunnelvision leads you to believe all kinds of 'false' realities. My dad was always negative in an extreme way 'nothing was possible according to him', this made me feel like i could never achieve anything.

Later on 'when you mature' you see that its all bullshit. Other people(including family) are just trying to stop you from progressing in life.

What if i said, you are such a loser if you can't get rid of a silly temper like that. You would never accept anything like that from me, and why not? Because i am a stranger and you don't accept me talking shit about you. But you do accept it that your dad talks shit like that, why? Because he is your dad and you look up to him, which is normal but here comes the deal and acceptance that your dad may not be as a good rolemodel as you think he is. Did you ever thought about the quality of him being a rolemodel parent for you? Its about time you do, but it comes to the end conclusion that you shouldn't listen to his non-sense, and that you can live easily temper free in your life. You must free yourself from your fathers non-sensensical belief that you cannot be temper free.

The trick to it is to redirect your negative energies into doing something positive, weightlifting is good, but you can also build something, clean your room, anything constructive will do.

You see its all about looking at things in a different way, i can remember a friend of mine who's father never got angry, he simply said 'what good does it do?' , being angry is an expression when the world around you isn't going as you want it to be. But you must understand how insignificant all these things are, when your laptop craps out, it isn't nice, but its not the end of the world either, what is the extend of your problem compared to the size of the universe? Not that much, although it is your problem tomorrow there is another day, this way you can take things more lighty instead of completely out of proportion like you are doing now.

7. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

do you take things really personally maybe? like do you view the things that make you angry as a personal attack on you in some way?