MMA Why does everyone sackride GSP?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by VanCandy, Apr 11, 2007.

1. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

Maybe ive been on sherdog to much recently, but I swear to god they must think GSP is the second coming of Jesus himself. They worship his every word and have made Matt Hughes out to be the devil himself after his actions during the Serra/GSP fight. If any other fighter loses a fight, they are instantly cans who were never worthy in the first place (see Gomi/Diaz, or Silva/Henderson fight) But when GSP loses, it was a fluke KO and he will be back to stomp all the competition, and then afterwards he may walk on water.

2. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Glad to see I'm not the only one that noticed this :rofl:

3. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

Thats true. I think though it's just because GSP is a really really nice guy whose always humble and innocent. mostly.

4. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

cuz he's one of the few in mma that actually has class and is a true sportsman of mma

5. DKKD

DKKD New Member

not to mention the fighter's got game.

6. Scream_Phoenix

Scream_Phoenix Handsome Boy Model

its true. but hes a great guy and great fighter. total class act. nobody should be taking anything away from serra tho, he deserves his title.

7. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

great figher, great peronality, would love to train with him. could say the same about serra really :o

8. Kuet

Kuet New Member

GSP is human... he is one of my favorite fighters.... but sometimes i think hero workship goes too far, and the fans start thinking he is indestructable... wich of course is absoulte bullshit.... oh plus the fact that you were in the sherdog forums.... have you not noticed 90% of the people that post there are equivalent to teh awesome??
    anyways, the reason people like gsp so much i think is because of his character inside and outside the cage.... he is a genuinely sincere fellow , and it shines through in everything he does- he is polite, well mannered, well spoken ( although his accent is hilarious ) and i belive to be very grounded. He is am ambassador to the sport, and to get mma more mainstream he is one of those types of people that should have a voice for mma in general- look at him after the serra fight...nothing but pure humble pie... some fighters try to ACT humble, or nice and sincere, but they really are not. GSP is a class act, and even if he was one of the worst fighters on the planet, would still be one of my favorites.

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

gsp lost that match the same way he lost his first fight with hughes. he was scarred comming into the ring with his first loss he was scared of hughes and this time he was scarred because he didnt want to lose the title. he is still a young guy I knew something like this was going to happen eventually because he may have hard work and tallent but experience only comes with age.

Hes a great fighter and one of my favs but im not gonna bitch about the loss when I was at the bar watching the event people were but hurt but then I was like hey he lost matt sera fought a good fight what can you do

10. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

Good point(s)

11. gtpjim

gtpjim New Member

No. They were excuses.

12. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

how were those excuses? I said matt serra beat him he won the match because he was on top of his game and I said that GSP lost because he had a strong weakness he couldnt over come. I gave matt serra all the credit for winning and pointed out that GSP has something he needs to work out. I didnt make any exuses I merely pointed out his flaws.

If I lose a fight because im a grappler and my striking sucks and then say I lost because I need to work on my stand up that isnt an excuse thats a reason as to why I lost. I dont make excuses for any one like I said matt serra won because he was the better fighter that night. GSP lost because he was lacking in an area.

It seems like yes there are alot of GSP nut huggers around but theres an equal ammount of GSP haters. Screw them both. Like I said GSP lost because he didnt know how to handle the experience because he was a young fighter. he still has alot of years in his career so he can only become better with that. matt serra is a dominant fighter especially in that match so mad props to him.

Im a GSP fan but not a nutt huggers I wont make any excuses for him, any one or myself. GSP lost a match because he was lacking as a fighter. Mental stamina is one of the most important things to have when your fighting some times even when the skill levels are on completely different levels will can beat skill. GSP had the skill but he didnt have the will to win. Matt Serra had it all that night.

13. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

agreed I saw one of the forums and these guys were like omg it was a sucker punch. Im like how the hell was it a sucker punch that was by no means a fluke. Matt Serra came out to win and he did. I get pissed off to when some one calls out sucker punch to because I beleive that there is no such thing as a sucker punch. if some one goes out and swings his fist its coming out with the intent to hit. If you intend to hit some one and you connect that isnt a sucker punch thats a hit.

That wasnt even the case with serra he didnt throw some wild haymaker that was all like ahhh he through a clean hit that connected and GSP got rocked

14. Rick0493

Rick0493 New Member

I agree 100% with this. would read again.

15. Rick0493

Rick0493 New Member