MIL Why does everybody think being an MP is so cool?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Maffy29, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

So I'm closing in on my 2nd GRAP referral. Its a girl who works with my sister. Semi confused with life, but nice girl. She's been in college for 2 years, changed her major twice and is basically back at square one edcation wise. I told her that the National Guard would pay off her current loans and pay for college from here on. Took her to the December drill in my unit so she can see what it would be like, she thought it was cool. I've gotten her all kinds of free stuff from through the recruiter and even went with her to meet the recruiter. I've also been helping her to pick an MOS that she would like. I'm in a Signal unit, so I've been suggesting various Signal MOS to her. Even suggested some other non-signal stuff that would be decent. Her latest major in school in Criminal Justice, so she thinks it might be a good idea to become an MP. I told her being an MP in the National Guard is a quick ticket to IRAQ. She thinks it will help her get into the police academy after graduation. I heard it makes no difference and the academy actually prefers Infantry (or similar combat arms)? Am I right or was I given false information? Any MP (or AF SP) here?

2. smokie700

smokie700 right near da beach, Boiiiii

i thought the guard would either pay student loan or pay college but not both. Unless your state provides tution free for guard then she could get both.

With her being a female becoming an MP would not hurt her chances of becoming civilian law enforcement. A lot will depend on where in the us she wants to be a cop. Certain police departments have certain preferences when it comes to military.

(i am not an MP or a cop but have a bunch of friends in law enforcement and were military)

3. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

Everybody thinks being an MP is cool? I must have missed the memo. Depending on their command, MPs will fuck you over without the slightest hesitation. They don't look out for you anymore, they look out to get you.

And don't get me started on non rates on a power trip.

4. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I have never thought being an MP was a cool thing.

5. Narkiss

Narkiss New Member

i am AF FP... does that count? FP= Force Protection or Fake Police take your pick.

6. pew pew pew

pew pew pew OT Supporter

raven? :noes:

7. Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato New Member

MP is alright, Fort Leonardwood is not.

8. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

the whole picked on in highschool revenge power trip syndrome thing being a huge percentile of them doesnt help the image:noes:

9. Kira Yamato

Kira Yamato New Member

:bowrofl:

10. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Ravens are cool, regular old SP/FP guys aren't. Well, their job isn't anyways. I'd hate to have to stand at a gate waving people in all day. Can we say boring?

11. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Because they want to pull you over for talking on your cell phone when you were doing no such thing.

:ugh:

:o