Why does Digg crash my PC?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Funky Munky, May 14, 2007.

1. Funky Munky

Funky Munky Chronic Masturbator OT Supporter

Weird phenomenon but sometimes when I click the "Digg This" button my PC reboots. No idea what is causing it. I done a complete reinstall of Firefox from scratch back to version 2.0 and its still happening. Every other site is absolutely fine except Digg and sometimes I can digg away for ages and all of a sudden I click one and boom, crash.

None of my FF extensions should be causing it. I am seriously stumped.

Has this happened anyone else?

2. Create

Create :free at last:

Open System in Control Panel.

On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
    Under System Failure, select the check boxes that correspond to the actions you want Windows to perform if a Stop error occurs:

1. Write an event to the system log specifies that event information will be recorded in the system log.

2. Send an administrative alert specifies that your system administrator will be notified.

3. Automatically reboot specifies that Windows will automatically restart your computer.

Set 1. to on and 3. to off.

When it happens again, it'll either reboot or it'll hang. If it hangs, report the error code. If it doesn't hang, tell us that too.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Sounds like more of a RAM problem. Almost nothing, certainly not a user-mode script, can cause the computer to do a hard reset. Firefox eats a lot of memory. Try using IE6 for a month or so and see if you get the same problems when you click the Digg button.