Why do people always complain about their relationships? Lets change the statistics!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DramaQueen, Dec 1, 2005.

1. DramaQueen

DramaQueen New Member

Pay attention that you hardly EVER hear anybody say how happy they are to be with their sagnificant other!....It's always "He's such a jerk! I can't believe he did that to me?" "He's an asshole, all men are like that!" or "She's a bitch, she ruined my life", "She's a phsyco, insane, has some serious issues" blah, blah, blah:mb:...same old bullshit all the time! Most of the time people "brag" about how unhappy they are, WHY??? :squint:

If you're happy with the person you are with, why not tell the world about it? :) Why are we so scared of sharing our happiness with others? Is it because we don't want people to jinx it? Or is there some other reason?

Please, If there are still couples out there that are happy together and if you are in a meaningful relationship, where both of you care about each other...share a story...!! Let us hear it..and Be happy for you!:wiggle:

2. BTA

BTA New Member

Says someone named DramaQueen

People bitch about their SO becauce people like to bitch.

Same reason everyone bitches about their job but doesnt quit.

3. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

I would say is because when they are happy, they can share those feelings with their SO. But when they are unhappy, they cant share those feelings with their So w/o fighting and thus have to rely on other people to vent.

4. nexusgirl

nexusgirl New Member

It's natural human instinct to focus on the negative. It goes along with if something good happens all the time, you tend to take it for granted, then you don't think about it to "brag" about it. Although I do agree with you that it would be refreshing for things to switch places, I just don't know that it's going to happen. :dunno:

If it makes you feel any better: I'm extremely happy with my SO :wiggle:

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I am extremely happy with the girl I am dating. We have been seeing each other for about three months and we are in love.

I just moved 200 miles away for a job and we have been seeing each other when we can. I'm seriously considering moving back since I don't really like where I am living now.

6. low20

low20 Member

im happy....u only hear whenits bad cuz people come on here looking for advice when somethings wrong...when its all good, no one says anything

7. DramaQueen

DramaQueen New Member

I guess that makes sense...:hsugh:

8. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

haha so true

9. armond

armond New Member

I don't have an SO, but the lady I want to have as my SO is awesome! And yes, we hang with eachother all the time! Basically anytime she is not working/school, we are with eachother.

10. Jacquelin

Jacquelin I was your silver lining but now I'm gold.

I don't complain about my relationship, I have absolutely NO reasons to! Granted sometimes we have a tiff or disagreement (who doesn't?) and it doesn't make me the happiest girl, but I don't dwell on it or talk negatively about him. I know it was something silly that can probably be easily resolved and has nothing to do with the bigger picture.

I think a lot of guys/girls say things like that about their SO when they are venting to their friends and the friends start bashing them. I think some people feel like they HAVE to do that so that their friends still "approve" of them or something. I've seen that a LOT -- girls not necessarily angry at their SO, but when one of their friends says he is a dog then said girl will agree.

11. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

DramaQueen- you're right. I totally agree with you. good for you for reminding us to focus more on the positive.

You know the kind of people who just bring out the best in you? My SO is that kind of person. The kind of person who's laugh makes you laugh too. No matter what kind of mood you're in, just being around him makes you feel happier. he's funny, he listens to me and he has no problem telling me and showing me he loves me. Sure, we have our moments, but he's a great man. We've been together 2 1/2 years and every moment has been worth it.

12. DramaQueen

DramaQueen New Member

Thank you so much for sharing a story....
    That makes me so happy ...just to hear that...that's amazing....Love does wonders, doesn't it?...
    I used to have that with my ex too...miss it a lot...