Why do most women cheat?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by StopDrop&LOL, Jan 18, 2007.

1. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

Its just something i've noticed over the past few years in real life and from reading the Vag. Alot of guys seem to encounter this problem. There are many reasons why they cheat, but what is the most common reason why you think they do this?

Men cheat too, so dont take it personally ladies.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm going to skip my annoyance of it seeming like JUST women cheat, or that "most" of them do (just because you read about it on a website) and go straight into the real point.

It's always the same reason. When people are not fully happy in their relationships they seek excitement, validation, love, elsewhere. Simple as that. It's really not that confusing honestly.

3. StopDrop&LOL

1. I never said men dont cheat, maybe you missed that last sentence in my post.
    2. MOST women, from my experiences (guess you missed that part too) do end up cheating on their S.O.
    3. I never really said it was confusing, honestly.

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I think people cheat when things are going bad in their relationship AND they don't have the courage to initiate the break-up. In essence, they are trying to get caught and get dumped by the other person.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

hah, and in my post I was pointing out that you are basing that on the stories you've heard on a message board. There are millions of couples in the world that you don't know about. One's that don't have infidelity in them by either party. Men cheat on their SO's JUST as much on their girlfriends too. And I know you say you put that in your post, yet you don't seem to believe it because you keep saying "most women cheat on their bf's"

This is me being annoyed because other than me being cheated on by a past boyfriend, all I've ever seen are guys cheating on their girls. I know girls cheat, everyone cheats though because we are human.

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Most women don't cheat.

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

touch a nerve much? :mamoru2:

in my experience, those who are most offended by generalizations and stereotypes are those who fit the bill.

8. lauren

lauren Active Member

and to be fair, id just say most people in my generation cheat.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

lol....or were affected by the issue?

10. mrs0323

mrs0323 New Member

Might I also add that if they are not fully happy with themselves they will cheat also. The majority of women will have their first close relationship with a male with their father. Said father will also bestow upon them attention, self-worth and love. "Some" women feel the need to consistently seek out the "daddy" they may have not had in their developmental years due to death, divorce, abandonment, etc. This behaviour is very deeply rooted and extremely hard to correct, let alone, recognize. Am I saying these women get a free pass? Of course not, but simply stating another possible cause.

11. StopDrop&LOL

You seem a bit too sensitive. Calm down! Dont take things so seriously...its only the intraweb.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

*breathes* :p But seriously, you can't truly believe just because you were cheated on that "most" women cheat

13. StopDrop&LOL

most of the couples ive known, split due to the woman cheating, why cant i believe most women cheat? is it written in stone somewhere that says i cant?

14. bs2100

bs2100 New Member

Internet forums for some reason attract bad situations. Go to a car forum and there will seem to be a big percentage of people that are unhappy with a certain type. So it'll be the same for any forum with dating advice/stories.

If people are in a good long term relationship they're less likely to go into a forum to make a post about it.

15. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

it's simple...one word: insecurity

/thread

16. Abomb

Abomb New Member

because they are whores?

17. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

There are some obvious, direct answers to this question.

Looking at it deeper, I see this as just another instance of societal decay. People are more selfish than ever and have little to no sense of absolute right and wrong. Being selfish means they will go after whatever it is they desire at the moment, never mind the impact it has on others. And at the same time they don't want to deal with the guilt of rejecting a person to their face (they portray this as a loving act, i.e. "I never wanted to hurt him!").

Of course it's also exacerbated by modern feminized men, who are apt to try to "work things out" and forgive and accept because it's supposedly the high road. They learned this behavior from women; the difference is that a woman, has different drives and can only cheat when she's fallen out of love for good. A man can cheat merely because he's horny and lonely and thinks he won't get caught.

One day a while ago, I was flipping through channels on the TV, and my interest happened to be caught by an Oprah show about unfaithful wives. There were a few who told their "story" and without exception, they had or were lead by the host into excuses and justifications for what they did. They had husbands who didn't appreciate them, job stress, kid stress, money problems, and of course "it was just a moment of personal weakness." Then came the sobbing and the pity over how she can't live with herself, wishes she could take it back, can't live with letting her family down... and on and on, ad nauseam. Naturally, the husband's feelings of betrayal were given consideration for a total of maybe 12 seconds; then the focus went back to how painful it was for the cheating wife to hear that.

I found the show to be as enlightening as it was revolting. To clarify: highly, on both counts.

18. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

This is a topic that would have to be answered in essay form.

19. StopDrop&LOL

Awesome post :bigthumb:

20. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

statistically, nearly as many women as men cheat

21. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I think PEOPLE (men or women) cheat for reasons mentioned above. They aren't happy in their current relationship, but aren't willing to end it. So, the cheating can be an action used to either bring an end to the relationship (pissing off the partner so they end it), or getting what they are lacking in the current relationship.

Lots of people might cheat because they think it is "easier" than starting fresh...they may already have part of a healthy relationship (sexual or emotional), and just need to get that other part.

Let's say some man or woman is not being satisfied sexually. He or she can go out and find some random person to sleep with, and get that need fulfilled. Especially if the person's current partner is providing them with something (financial support, family, etc). The new person is just a means to satisfy a need...and can easily be discarded.

Let's face it, it's HARD to end a relationship and start another. Cheating MAY just be a stopgap measure.

Finally, if someone is going to use the "all women are whores defense (which isn't really a defense anyways), they should also say that "all men are horny pricks".

If you just want to come out and claim that a person's loyalty and fidelity is based on their chromosomes....I'm not going to take you seriously.

For the guys who say "But all the women I've met are whores!" it's not about women in general. It's about the types of women you are meeting and going after. Same with women who would say "all the men I've met/been with are cheaters".

Raise your standards. Look for better partners. That's all there is to it.

22. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I agree with you for the most part, but there are many differences between the situations in which men and women cheat and what it indicates. We are wired differently.

23. StopDrop&LOL

Yep, that is why i said women and not men. Sure there are simialr circumstances under which they both feel the need to cheat, but i was just trying to think of the most common ones for women. So far there have been some good good points brought up.

Do you think that slowly transitioning (cheating) into another relationship is healthy? I've seen this happen to a handful of friends, but havent seen or kept up with them, so i dont know how its worked out for them.

24. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Statistically, MORE women cheat than men.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006600199,00.html

25. iwishyouwerebeer