WHY do men feel they can call women whatever they want?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Cerridwen, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

WHY do SOME men feel they can call women whatever they want?

Being called darling, honey, etc by anyone other than my husband REALLY irritates me for some reason.
    Not even sure if this is the right place for this thread.. but I thought I'd give it a chance.
    I'm NOT your darling!

(and no purplebeast, this is actualy not directed entirely at you ;) )

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2005
  2. rkf76

rkf76 New Member

look sweetie, the same can be said for women.

At work there is this attractive lady around my age, 29, when I talk to her she calls me names like that all the time. That's just how some people are. And today, she even rubbed my hand when she made a funny:naughty:

3. rkf76

rkf76 New Member

just like a woman, complain when you call em something nice, complain when you call em something bad

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Umm, great for you but i still find it disrespectful.
    And why should you feel the need to call me anything but my name?

5. armond

armond New Member

Please do not generalize.... I have only ever called a current g/f honey, baby, darling, etc... I do not call any females that except for the one who is a current g/f.

On the other side, some woemn do that too.

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Alright. I tried to change the title to Why do SOME men feel they can call women whatever they want?
    I wasn't trying to say that all do.

7. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

I can see how it can be condescending, but my grandfather quite often calls the waitress at a restraunt "honey". Theres no threat or intent of harm.

8. rkf76

rkf76 New Member

sucks to be you, you should lighten up a bit. So do you plan on saying anything to those who say this to you or are you just gonna keep whining about it to everyone else?

I felt the need to call you sweetie just to piss you off, I find it quite comical when people get worked up over such superficial things.

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:mamoru: I know you called me that just to piss me off!!

Actualy, I do say things IRL to men who call me that. It's not appropriate and I don't appreciate it. Nuff said.

10. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

For some reason, if it were to come from an older man (talking pretty old here) where it was the norm when they were younger to call women honey, sweetie etc, it probably wouldn't bother me as much?

11. rkf76

rkf76 New Member

if it's nuff said then you should change the thread title to "I hate when men call me(enter the term of endearment of your choice)" instead of asking us why, darling:wiggle:

12. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

come on baby, you know you like it...

13. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

You can direct it entirely at me if you want. Its like like a give a shit about it. In case you havent noticed, im very outspoken and I do not believe in backing up or changing my mind. Thats for pussies.

I cant speak for every guy. But I personally do it because im horrible with names. And to be honest thats just how I was raised. I was tought very early on to use terms of endearment. My culture just shows affection.

I kiss girls in the cheek and give them a hug. I shake guys hands and give them the half hug. I call girls honey, darling, baby, sweetheart. And I call guys, brother, bro, my friend. I dance bachata (which requires the girl and the guy to dance with their chest less than one inch apart, and grab each others waist and shoulders) with my cousins, my mom, her friends, my friends, my girlfriend. Im 23 yrs old and I still call my mom mommy and my dad daddy. My dad which is 55yrs old still callshis mom mommy and his dad daddy. Im the type of guy that will holdyou by the waist or hold your hand when we go out wheather we are dating or are just friends. But Im also the guy that will pay for your drinks/food ,open your door and pull out your chair.

Girls and guys can either take it or not talk to me. Simple as that. But then again, I mostly stick to my kind so they understand how things are supposed to work.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2005
  14. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

Well you saw how this girl acted. She got bent out of shape because I called her darling in another thread. I'll be fucking damned if Im putting up with that shit. I rather deal with people that understand that me calling a girl darling does not mean I think less of her or im putting her down.

15. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

:rofl:

some people do call everyone "babe" or whatever. "darling" is probably going a bit far for someone who's just a friend.. just let them know politely that it grates on you and if they have any sense they'll do their best to cut back on it when talking to you.

16. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

its just as bad or worse for us guys. Every woman you come across that works calls us by these names

17. Hegemon

Hegemon New Member

I'm glad you feel that way. My girlfriend says she gets annoyed when other guys use terms of endearment with her too... she didn't even like it from me at first, but she said it started to get really cute/sweet. I'm glad she doesn't like it from other guys, that'd be sorta fucked up if she did.

so uh yah. that's what i got. ok

byebye

18. Hegemon

Hegemon New Member

if a girl is being a bitch to me or if i just dislike her, i'll do that on purpose to be condescending. there's a difference between being presumptuous and being condescending. :o

19. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I call my female friends babe or baby :dunno:

20. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

Yeah if I am dating a girl. I call her honey or babe or baby all the time. I see absolutely nothing disrespectful about it. I don't see anything wrong at all. Then again though if you call me that stuff I don't worry about it. I have other things to worry about then if my SO is using words of endearment towards me. Oh the horror

21. crashspeeder

crashspeeder Interesting Title

i can toss one back at you. why do girls feel the need to say "I love you" to some of their best friends randomly who will never be anything more than just friends? I have a friend the calls me sweetheart and what not, she tells me how much she loves me and I have to be content with that being said in a friendly manner because she didn't want to "ruin our friendship" 2 years ago when i asked her out. And I've been there to catch her after every bf she's had since.

</ramble>

22. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:rofl: I think you missed the point, I'm NOT talking about my husband calling me this. I'm talking about random guys that I don't even know calling me honey babe sweetie darling etc.

23. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

My bad I thought your husband called you darling and you were mad at him. I don't know, I don't call women that. I usually just say like hey you or something.

24. Turbo Tim

Turbo Tim New Member

Girls do it all the time too, usually overloud girls. I get it at work from a few who I dont really talk to and dont get along with well, mostly because they are too bloody loud and full of themselves. Usually darl with girls it seems.

25. page

page New Member

Eh, I don't really mind honey and sweetie from guys other than my SO, but its the cutie, sexy, baby, etc that kind of bothers me a little bit. I usually just let them know that and they are cool with it.