LGBT Why do men either want a quick fuck or a LTR?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Sam Gamgee, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

Doesn't anyone just want to date casually?

I have no interest in getting into another long-term relationship yet, although that would be cool at some point down the road.

But, I also have no interest in meeting a stranger for sex. I've done that and I have no interest in going back to that. www.manhunt.net is not a personals site for people looking to make friends, I can tell you that... :o

So, how do you meet people and just date... just someone to see a movie and hold a hand or go out for dinner and have great conversation? Why is that so difficult to find?

2. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

I hear ya Sam Gangee... I was in that situation for quite some time - not a 1 night stand person and wasn't looking for long-term either. The concept of dating is lost on the gay community.

3. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Sounds like you are looking for a new best friend.

Nothing wrong with that. If best friends got together more often, marriages would last a lot longer than they do.

4. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Sadly yes it is gone. I'm in the same boat. I want someone, a guy who I can go to the movies with, go out to dinner with, watch tv with, etc. I'm not ready for another serious, sexual long term relationship yet.

5. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

I will go to the movie with you RhyRhy... or is it sweet cheeks, I can never remember.

6. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

RhyRhy is fine... it makes me get all flushed. Sweet Cheeks makes me sound like a cheap hooker who likes sweets. :rofl:

7. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

so what you are saying is that you are not cheap

8. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:rofl: Ask my ex.... Oh wait if you calculated it out he probably spent less then $50.00 a year on me. So I guess I am cheap :hs: But if I were a ho, I wouldn't be cheap! :wiggle:

9. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

But still free for me - clergy discount.:wavey:

10. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

My law enforcement discount is higher then my clergy discount :o :mamoru:

11. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

Funny you should mention that - I used to work for the Ontario Provincial Police... and I am working on a path right now where I would actually be a Minister for a police department (not a chaplain but a street minister). Out working with the homeless, GLBT youth kicked out of their homes etc.

Guess my discount just got even larger. Sweet!:bowdown:

12. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Nope you gotta be certified to get the law enforcement dickcount from me :mamoru:

13. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

I still have my badge etc. from before - good enough.

That being said... the balls are about to touch.

14. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

That's scary because as I was opening this thread I was touching my balls. :hs: It's time to shave them again they are getting itchy.

15. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

Who gets to rub in the baby oil after?

16. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I don't rub anything on them after :dunno: Just wet the area with hot steamy shower, then grab the Mach3 Turbo, shave, repeat, and rinse off then get out of the shower and dry off :wiggle:

17. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

Well you can at least post photos for us. Before and after shots

18. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

Jesus Christ.... nice thread hijack....

fuckers... :fawk:

19. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

:x:

Sorry...

20. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I'll be your friend!

21. Jeremie

Jeremie Guest

What I want is a serious relationship, but non-sexual. Every man I ever meet wants sex.

I have had plenty (there was a time where I did the one-night-stand thing), so all I want is a serious long-term relationship without the sex.

Men are so infuriating.

22. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Pumpkin....you and I need to chat. I can save you a lot of wasted time. I've been single and working in the local gay community for a while now, and what I've seen scares the hell out of me. I've actually been retreating back to my own personal refuge. In all honesty, if I have to live out my life single and alone, I think I'm prepared to do it. It may be a defeatist attitude, but unfortunately, the majority of men out there are interested in one thing and one thing only.

It's sad, it's pessimistic, but unfortunately, it's reality.

I'm around all weekend. I'm starting my new day job on Monday, so I won't be available for lunch - only dinner. Let's try and get together. I'm bartending all night on Weds., but other than that, I'm free nights.

23. mamoru

mamoru New Member

Chris, you may want to check if there is an "Urban Outings" in your area (that's the company name, and don't you dare think I'm being sarcastic by mentioning it to you as if you didn't even know because you probably invented it you flaming nelly queen peach you!)

You are looking fo a friend, and that's awesome to find first and foremost. I'm not allowed to be left in the room with one friend at a time because it always ends up with sex, but you can try and make friends and...well, strike that, that's completely irrelevant to this convo.

Anyway, there are plenty of gay organizations that are all about just going out, having fun, and more often than not, "things" develop between members.

I mean, you've been out of the dating scene for a while papa bear, but you're not an idiot by and means. You know exactly why men choose either an LTR or a QTF (quick term fuck, for the slow ones).

The question you should be asking is why those in a LTR tend to sneak out for QTF's, and those searching for a LTR with all their heart spend so much time in QTF's - it seems no one is happy.

But you, Chris, my dear friend of so many years - my friend who I molested in a Boston park - my friend who watched me eat a plate of pasta that weighed more than half my weight...YOU are in search of this perfect equilibrium (sp?) that does in fact exist but only based on mere chance.

You can share a joke with someone at the supermarket standing on line...like seeing an old lady with blue hair and you turn to a seemingly attractive guy to your right and say "It's so natural, I should try that one shade darker!" and get a laugh, you start a convo, and you go from there. Hang out, see movies, come over, hold hands, whoops my penis just slipped into your ass. Things like that.

You've got so much personality to offer, and there are people in this "median" that you search for. You spent so many years "taking it slow", and now all you want to do is rush away the pain, rush away from LTR, rush into new friendships - wasn't it YOU who told ME that you need to let life take it's course, and that we're here for the ride and we need to just enjoy it and take it for what it is?

Don't rush, but make a plan! Tell yourself "I'm going to Gay Day at SixF(l)ags!" or tell yourself "I'm going to join a Gay chior" or something like that. Find your interests, there's ALWAYS a gay group for them. Even nosepicking! I'm not just the client, I'm the president too! Ok, maybe not*

*maybe not is not valid in all 50 states

Now, go get a piece of melba toast, some earl gray tea, some peach jam...sit by the window and tell yourself that life gets better with age. Remember me a mess at 19? Well, I'm still a mess at 22, but not nearly as messy, and I am thankful that I was a mess then, because I've learned so much with time and experience. I don't need to know that what you're looking for is in a special interests group, because it is that "bond" that is going to be your median with someone...elsewise, it's all either a fuck froma club or manhunt, or some shady ltr from gay.com which, in essense, is a fuck.

I love you papa bear, and I want you to be well. Don't make me come back up there (to whip your ass), my jaw isn't ready for what you did to me last time!

And by that I mean eat so much food. Really! Remember how I spit out that was of cum.....

...quats? Those little oranges are so cute!

24. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

^^^^^^^^^ "papa bear"?????:eek3:

:mamoru: :mamoru:

If I was Chris, I'd tan your hide....and not in a good way. :mamoru:

25. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

Chris is my big gay mentor, and big gay hero. :bowdown: