SRS Why do I pay so much attention to the things around me?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Alternative, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Alternative

Alternative Guest

I pay attention to the people and things happening around me, but I have trouble concentrating on my own independant thinking. (For example: In the library. I can't focus on my book im reading, instead im looking around me nervously.)

Seriously, does this just mean i'm stupid? Or is there help for people like me?

2. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

it's just either too many things going on in your head. or a lack of focus/concentration. i do the same thing. even alone in a room i used to have trouble reading. just try to relax yourself, you'll be much more efficient that way.

3. atlimport26

atlimport26 Guest

i have the same problem i dont konw hwat to do about it

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

try practising concentrating on an object for one hour a day , 2 times a week.

5. johan

johan Active Member

I don't think you're stupid.

You're obviously self-aware, you've been able to describe your situation clearly (even if you don't yet have the answers) and you're looking for help and therefore not in denial. Those things demonstrate intelligence.

So, next, how old are you? It makes a big difference if you're 14 vs if you're 34.

6. Alternative

Alternative Guest

im 21.

7. SpeedLaci

SpeedLaci New Member

Research ADDHD..Attetion Deficent Hyper Disorder..or just ADD i had a friend who had it and he did the same thing. Visit a doctor and see if that you if it is there are pills that will help you out loads!