Why do I notice other girls way more as soon as I have a girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by puzzled_mike, Nov 6, 2008.

1. puzzled_mike

puzzled_mike New Member

Even if my girlfriend is fucking gorgeous, I still find myself comparing her and checking out other girls. But when I'm single, it seems like all those hot girls around me disappear.

Is god playing tricks on me?

2. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Two different things.

First thing is normal.

Second thing, women suddenly get interested at men who are commited to somebody else.

3. pl_silverado

pl_silverado OT Supporter

God doesn't exist.

4. forgotmyname

Keep your shit to the main forum.

5. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

i exist, just on another forum. it is like when you get a new car, you see cars like yours more often. same with hawt girls. if you are looking they are not there.

6. forgotmyname

What the fuck is up with these clowns?

And that was a terrible analogy.

7. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Take advantage and sleep with as many as you can. Its not like youre married or anything.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Because you have a penis and because it's normal. However, it can also have something to do with your relationship, how strong it is and how mature you are.

There are people who never mature and consistently want everything else they can't have when they are in a relationship.

BTW, men and women always seem to "come out of the woodwork" when you are taken. Whether it's because you now have a confidence about you or seem more unattainable to women which makes you more desireable.

How is your relationship with your girlfriend? Just because she's "gorgeous" doesn't mean that's why she is the best fit for you. How old are you also and how long have you two been dating?

9. puzzled_mike

puzzled_mike New Member

The relationship has been rocky at times, we're both 22 and have been together on and off for a year.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

I'm glad I asked. Sounds like grass is always greener for a good reason. I say end it.

When you are truly truly happy with someone you will notice other women, but it wont affect you enough to make a thread about it or think about it constantly in an almost aching way.

11. XERQ

XERQ Guest

Agreed. You seem too on the fence about it, either find something new with her or take some time off and away from the relationship.

12. puzzled_mike

puzzled_mike New Member

I wish it was that easy...every time we end it, I always go crawling back to her for reasons beyond my control.

13. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

She holds a gun to your head?

14. iwishyouwerebeer

Well have fun being a pushover for the rest of your life then :dunno: Only you can help yourself.

15. puzzled_mike

puzzled_mike New Member

How the hell am I supposed to end it once and for all? We've broke up and got back together like 5 times now. I was doing good this last time, didn't talk to her for a week but then cracked an called her. Two days later, we're back together.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

It's called willpower my friend. You have to have the strength and willpower to not only dump her, but to follow through with it, know it's for the better and not speak to her again (well at least until you are far over her).

17. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I hear you brah.

This one time, my hand just spasmed or some shit and it took control of my body and it fucking fliced across the room and ordered me a pizza.

I understand what you are going through.

18. puzzled_mike

puzzled_mike New Member

Willpower eh? I know there's nicotine patches, but that would be awesome if there was testosterone-driven-calling-of-the-ex-girlfriend patches.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd: Every guy in this forum would get one. You all blow my mind when it comes to being powerless over one pussy.

20. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

It's perpetuated by society.

Watch any sitcom for proof of that.

You can't dump shit like that into your head for years on end (oft times even during formative years) and not have it affect you.

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I do the same thing but I do it on purpose to keep her on her toes. In reality I couldn't care less. It's pretty immature and Im' trying to chang ethat. Just one more thing to work one before I start dating again :o

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It would probably be a vasopressin reuptake patch :eek3:

note: I am not a biochemist :rofl: I think I remember reading an article suggesting that vasopressin is the chemical responsible for monogamy. So I guess if you reuptook it all you might have less vasopressin and therefore less craving for monogamous love. I'm sure there would be more chemical pathways involved, however. A "breakup pill" would probably also need to have some effect on serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin, and possibly opioid receptors as well. I'm pretty sure vasopressin does other stuff in your body, too, however, and you might fuck yourself up big time if you reuptake it.

Seriously tho if I could do it again I would study biochemistry and develop a "heart-ache pill." Broken up? Feeling suicidal? Have no appetite, no motivation, and can't get your ex out of your head? A 7 day course of Falconer's Heart-Ache pill will reset your brain to baseline and you'll be fine. Holy crap I would make a fortune. But people would abuse it. So I'd be facing ethical dilemmas.

The reason you can't end it is because you are chemically addicted to your gf/relationship. It's literally like coming off of heroin, as far as your brain is concerned. You are having withdrawals and cravings.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  23. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

My husband is the most handsome man on the planet. He is sexy and hot and I just want to ravish him! It's been that way since I met him. There is no other man on the planet for me - even famous celeb crushes are a 'meh' now.

If you are still looking you should end it. Sorry, but if you haven't found the hottest girl ever she isn't right for you!

24. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

If he stops "looking" at other girls, she should probably be worried. Because that means he's probably gay.

Guys aren't built like that. We could be so extremely happy in a relationship and we're STILL going to look at other girls.

But he DOES need to stop looking around with the thought of "what if" in his head. I'll give you that.

25. kiri

kiri New Member

if you're in a good relationship, you're still going to notice people of the opposite sex and acknowledge whether or not they're attractive. it's natural to see someone and be like "woah that guy has great arms!" or "she has pretty hair!" but you're probably not going to be thinking about it like "OMG DAMN I WANT TO RAVAGE HER BUTT CRACK SO HARD, FUCK SHE IS SO MUCH HOTTER THAN MY GF" that means it might be time to break up.