SRS Why do i feel like sex is...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Throwdown, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

... a self-destructive physical manifestation of love that some use to dampen stress, the self-destructive mental manifestation of the reality.

:dunno:

2. Throwdown

i use sexual encounters as a drug that helps me escape reality if only for an hour. however, my constant sexual need sometimes distracts me from other important issue (thus, i call it self-destructive)

warning: i'm really opening up here :hsugh:

3. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

I wouldn't know :hs:

haven't had it in a long time :o

4. Charlotte

Charlotte Guest

The sexual appetite is very strong in a lot of people, to the point that it is self-destructive like you said. I don't think the physical act is to blame though; you'll want sex whether or not you've had it. This is one of the reasons I think people should marry young, so that they can calm their sexual side without passing themselves around like a cheap whore ;)

5. I know exactly what you mean.

I use to feel that way, and then I realised that the reason I felt like that is because everytime I thought about it, I looked deep into my sexual nature and discovered that sex isn't what really gets me off. Pain is what I get into. And one day I realised that the reason why I denied my sexual side was because I felt so insane for the thoughts I had.

Sex is a human instinct, but you shouldn't sleep around.. and you don't have to to get in touch with your sexual side and what your "fetishes" and true sexual needs are.. Just don't be arfraid of them...

6. babiedollgirl

babiedollgirl Active Member

I think I have a similar problem sex and sexual activities for me are like a way of numbing pain. If im upset or mad i will have sex or makeout with some one or somthing to that effect its a way of almost escaping my problems for that amout of time i guess because i am focusing on what im doing at the time insted of the pain or angered state that i am in.

7. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

i just dont see how sex is "making love" it just feels good i dont see any romance in it whatsoever.

8. Throwdown

All true, there are no fetishes about it or anything. Basically. I just get stressed at work, home, etc. And the chemicals released in my brain during sex calm me down for the time being. And i lean on sex like a crutch. But it will ruin relationships. thats why i call it self-destructive.

9. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Because you feel like your sexuality has been expressing itself in self destructive ways lately?

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You sound like you just haven't had wonderful, spiritual, amazing sex that is like a religious experience. Helps if you love someone. Its not destructive at all.

Shame issues?

11. Throwdown

actually, i've had sex like you describe. The act of sex isnt destructive. The addiction is.

12. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Addiction? It sounds like you just have an unsatisfactory partner. I demand that you listen to "sexual healing" by Al Green immediately.

13. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I find chasing after girls for sex fun.

14. Throwdown

no, she's great. its hard to explain.

15. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

But you're not having "sexual healing," with her... right? What are you talking about when you say, "Sex will ruin relationships?"

16. johan

johan Active Member

Maybe he's sort of describing the buddhist tradition of non-attachment. Its damaging to be too attached to anything, including the falsehood of being too fond of having spiritual experiences. Its the trying that interferes with the having.

So deeply soulful connecting sex is great, but the constant hunger for it diverts you from other things.

17. Throwdown

exactly, there is nothing wrong with a healthy sexual relationship. Which is exactly what i have. There IS something wrong with the hunger for a sexual encounter getting in the way of work. Or not having sex for several days making me agitated (sp?) and easily bothered. A "withdrawl" so to speak.

18. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

But the buddhist detachment is for worldly things, and spiritual sex is not worldly. It sounds like he's having a materialist/non-materialist appreciation of life struggle?

19. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Newsflash: when you aren't having sex for several days... you ARE bothered. If that extends to 3 months, then you are even more bothered... unless you've got some serious meditation going on. I think we get used to the dry spells, and are always shocked by the contrast when we're having it again... but no sex is not healthy.

Maslow's theory of needs. Sex is pretty low on the pyramid. Personally... when I am gettin some, I am more productive, happy, and healthy. The kind of sex that is most satisfying could well lead to enormous complications, though. Generally with the person I'm having sex with. Time consuming. Good or bad, and usually both. Is that what you mean?

20. Throwdown

basically, yeah.

21. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I need to have sex. Its been two months. I need to have sex, soon. Its getting to the point that I'll fuck the next person that makes it known that I can. Sheesh.

22. Beezure

Beezure Go Lightning!! OT Supporter

holy shit man, i feel the same EXACT way, it sucks , I'm agitated right know, but i'm also digging a deeper hole by doing it :wtc: :wtc:

23. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Man... you guys are fucking Puritans. I can't ever recall sex being like that.

24. johan

johan Active Member

Good prescription, Peyomp. Throwdown needs MORE not less sex. Regular plentiful sex would make this a non-issue. I mean you eat three meals a day, right? If you didn't eat, you'd get pretty damn hungry. And if you didn't eat for three weeks, I bet your every waking thought would be focused on food.

So...log off and call your so asap.

25. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Am I being a whore? I mean... if you haven't got an hour for sex every day during a period when you and your partner are horny... then your priorities are fucked up. Doesn't that hour a day make the rest of your day that much better? Don't you work harder, can't you focus more?

When I am having sex at least several times a week... my whole perspective on life changes. My mind clears... and I wonder what I'm supposed to do and think with all the free time thats not... occupied by sexual frustration. I get a whole lot more work done. I have deep, profound thoughts without effort. I walk around stress free and relaxed. My entire existence is greatly enhanced.

Isn't it this way for most people?