SRS Why do I do this.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DigiCrime, Aug 9, 2009.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

I'll be in the middle of something then stop and go back and read something else totally off topic. I back track thru work emails a lot and re-read what i said to such person depending on what the response was. Get a feel for that particular mood that went on that day (good or bad) and just keep doing this. For what, I have no idea maybe to see what was wrong or what was done right so I can avoid the same situation again or create the same thing again if it was a positive issue.

I make posts on forums, my personal blog, work blog but go back and re-read it again, over and over. I'll have a conversation with someone and I somehow lose track of the point I was making and then my friends will call bullshit on me or complain I talk in circles. This is probably the worst of all things it is causing problems with friends.

I got several projects I need to complete today but they won't get done. I'll get one or two items done then stop move on to soemthing else, stop that move to something else.

HAve I got attention issues or something or just have a problem with over analyzing stuff or what driving me nuts. Example. I hit the preview button to see what I typed four times. Its the same thing over and over so why did I do it?

2. Nite_Lilly

Nite_Lilly Member

If you are always multitasking, your brain doesn't get to focus on any one project completely from start to finish. It could leave you with that 'unfinished' feeling, driving you back to the project to work on it more or to doublecheck it. Or maybe you have a touch of OCD. A doctor could diagnose and treat that with behavioral retraining or with medication. I would start with simplifying your life and reducing how many things you work on at the same time...at least when you are not at work. It may not be possible at work.

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

OCD hmm. I have friends with it or claim they do the all act differently. One of them always reiterates everything and I think has control issues, not so much OCD.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

It sounds like a mixture of OCD and ADHD, ocd in the sense of going in circles, and adhd in the sense of not being able to maintain your attention.

But i think there's another problem, namely in the way how you overanalyze things. The opposite of overanalyzation is 'let it pass you by', which you should do more often.

I think your constantly allowing others to judge you, while you should be your own judge,jury and executor, meaning you need to bring the power of your life back where it belongs, namely in YOUR hands, otherwhise you just become an emotional soccerball for others to play with.

The only way to get back in control is by setting rules.

Rule 1: Finish what you start. (if you start doing something you will keep doing it until it is completed)

Rule 2: You are only allowed to re-read 1 text each week. The rest you will slide and pass you by.

Rule 3: Stop caring what others think of you, you shape yourself into a positive person you want to be.