Why do I always fall for the wrong guys?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by mugen_princess, May 22, 2008.

1. mugen_princess

mugen_princess chika chika

How is it that we always fall for the wrong people? I can honestly say that i have fallen hard for two people in the past 5yrs....Yes, two one of which everyone knows of (rob) and well it just didnt work out because of alot of stuff. i loved that person with my whole heart and more that it hurt. I heard sometimes when you love someone soo much sometimes the best thing for the other person is to let them go...And well i did just that hoping that one day he would realize she would never love him the way i did. That one day never came so i look back at that relationship and realize all that i learned from it. I was young and too young for the circumstance he put me though. There are alot of things about me that only some of my close friends know. And unfortunately i have been faced with several challenges and i learned as much as i could from each one. I can honestly say i have become a stronger person. I have learned to only be dependent on myself and only myself. When i was with rob i depended on him being there so much that when he was not there anymore i hurt so bad i could not do anything. I had never let myself get that way until he came along and well after i learned never to love someone more than you love yourself. Well i have come through it and now i can say i have moved on. Of course i will always love him because i thought he was my forever. But i deserve better.

So then comes along person number two....He came in my life two years later and i dont know how i fell for person number two? Only my CLOSE friends know who this person is and i saw a different person than he turned out to be. But at the same time i think he cared too much about what his friends wanted for him versus what he wanted for himself. Idk maybe im wrong maybe he didnt feel the way i did. I never had the opportunity to tell him how much i really did care. But i think he knew without me telling him. He just made me forget about rob and i never thought someone could do that to me. But he did. I wasnt supposed to fall for person number two! And of course he hurt me too. I never told him but he did i dont even think he knows that i know wat he did. But whatever it doesnt matter anymore that was last year. I just wish things would have worked out different. I did some dumb things too and maybe i was a lil wild at the time. But he never got to know me he believed the lies he was told by who else than his friends. But i guess it just was not meant to be. I just wish things would have worked out differently. I wish he could see im not the person i was last year. Im more together than i was before. But he was a jerk too and not very mature for his age. Idk its just crazy how we fall for the wrong people.

I wish i could fall for someone right for the first time. Someone who i like and treats me the way i deserve. Dont get me wrong there has been some good guys who have come along but they are just not for me. I wish i could fall for them but then again we always go for the bad guys over the good ones. And thats why we always get hurt. Im sure all my girls agree with me on that one. We all have that good guy who will do anything for us but of course we run towards the bad one. And then the good one ends up being the shoulder we cry on later. Damn lifes crazy. But i figure by the time i find the right one ill know how to appreciate him because of all the shit ive been though and the way ive been disrespected. I cant believe ive even let these guys disrespect me and here i am still saying i feel for these assholes.

:sadwavey:

2. 2angelmd

2angelmd New Member

How old are you?

3. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Holy text block batman.

Rason women fall for the wrong guys: They dont let themselves become attracted to the right guys. The nice guys that will give you back rubs and always be sweet and treat you nice get friendzoned half of the time.

Reason guys treat girls like crap: See above.

4. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

How were these guys the wrong guys? Your explanation of what made them assholes was very vague

5. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

Nobody born an asshole, they all were nice guys once until they learn that they will never get a girl that way. We turn into assholes because YOU want assholes.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

First of all, I know you probably came in to vent but if you actually want some advice it would be pretty beneficial to actually hear about what "Rob" did that was so bad...just telling us he fucked up tells us nothing. Also, it could be helpful for us to hear what hardships you went through. I personally like to try and dissect the entire situation so I can then give you better advice based on knowng all the facts.

Same thing as before, I'd rather hear about what he actually did and what you actually did. It's normal to wish things had worked out differently but they didn't. The only way you become a better person is by reflecting and realizing what you did wrong and why you two didn't work out. Once you do that you should know to not do those things again. If you were meant to work out you both would've worked through things, forgiven, etc.

Let me guess...they all treated you the way you've always desired yet you chucked them because they were "too nice" or something of that aspect but then you blamed it that you guys just weren't right for one another, correct? Notice that the guys you fall for don't treat you the way you want yet to stay by ther side for a year+.

No. I learned at 15 that it was stupid to just go for the "bad boy." He would never give me the kind of love I dserved.

I ran to the good guy and I'm still with him. He's far more mature, thoughtful and wonderful than any loser with a bad boy attitude.

Or you haven't learned a thing :dunno: The good news is you at least see that you are choosing the wrong men. The next step is recognizing this, taking your head out of your ass and giving a decent guy a shot :mamoru:

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

you say that as if attraction is a choice for her

8. JohnJohnJohnson

most of the time,

guys are not assholes. they are just called assholes by girls who get hurt by them because the guys didn't actually love them.

so let's hear what they did before concluding anything

9. demosnat

demosnat New Member

10. JohnJohnJohnson

:rofl:

11. kiri

kiri New Member

not gonna lie, i've definitely been attracted to the "wrong" guys before, but i don't think i could actually FALL for a guy unless he was the right guy :dunno:

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

i get called an "asshole" frequently by women for simply expecting her to pull her weight and do her fair share

13. demosnat

demosnat New Member

:h5:
    you're my favorite feminist yail

14. JohnJohnJohnson

thus far, aside from the occasional moments when i make an enemy out of somebody, i've only gotten called an "asshole" when a girl is attracted to me.

i think it allows them to legitimize my interest in them.

so i'll be really really nice and show interest, and therefore, they will call me an asshole in order to enjoy it.

something like that anyway

15. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I'm flattered, thank you.

I get called an asshole or dick at least once a week. It bothered me at first, but now I realize its a signal that I'm on the right track ;)

16. JohnJohnJohnson

wow, it's been a while for me :o

what was the last incident? or just pick one at random

17. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Examples out of curiosity?

18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Because the traits that make someone an asshole are the same traits that make someone a "man." Your radar isn't calibrated properly.

Here's a chart:

[​IMG]

19. JohnJohnJohnson

lolz. this deserves a counter-picture

20. iwishyouwerebeer

:rofl: Seriously. I changed her subject to the more appropriate title.

21. demosnat

demosnat New Member

You take all the fun out of life :wtc:

22. iwishyouwerebeer

I think the thread topic alone is enough punishment for her...Plus, I don't want to be associated with her.

23. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

It seems pretty obvious to me that what we find attractive are not necessarily what's good for us. So if you have had enough of falling for "the wrong guys" problem, you will probably eventually develop an unconscious aversion to falling for them. It's a gradual change.

24. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

both these answers would be very helpful in helping you

and wouldnt it be correct to say that every guy is the "wrong guy" until you find your one "right guy"? if so, then i dont think its such a big deal that there have been 2 wrong guys in 5 years.

25. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Don't worry about it? You're young. Why do you want to be the right girl for anyone at this age? Enjoy your youth.