Why do girls say shit just to piss us off?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by poopies4u, Mar 16, 2008.

1. poopies4u

poopies4u Active Member

I have this friend of mine who is gorgeous/funny/cool whatever and she knows I kinda like her more than I should (I bought flowers for her, all of her friends knew I liked her without me even telling them, I guess I've made it pretty obvious :o)
    Anyways last night we were all hanging out at this bar/club for st. pattys day and a friend of mine lose the two girls we were with and I finally find her and she tells me "this really cute guy was buying me shots and we were talking blah blah blah"
    Why would she tell me that, is she trying to piss me off or upset me?
    Just stupid shit like that

2. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

you're friendzoned....or she's trying to make you jealous so that you make a move.

it's probably the first, but making a move probably wouldn't hurt just to make sure.

3. poopies4u

poopies4u Active Member

we started out as friends, i just started liking her within the past year... shit pissed me off and pushes me away from her

4. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

And you're still friends. If you like her then make a move, don't expect her to entertain your infatuation if you aren't willing to do anything about it. If you've made it as obvious as you said you have then she isn't interested.

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

did you ask her where she was or what she was off doing? :hsugh:

6. armywrx

armywrx New Member

Agreed, she still wants to be your friend so she didn't want to flat out tell you she doesn't have feelings for you. In my experience when a girl is talking about another dude buying her drinks, how attractive he is and that she swapped numbers to go on a date at a later time she is trying to send you a friendly reminder that you are just friends.

7. Leah

Leah OT Supporter

That could mean a few different things...like other people have said already, that might be her backhanded way of letting you know that she's not interested. But I don't think so. I think she wants you to get jealous enough to move in. Either way, what have you got to lose? Ask her out, the worst that can happen is that she'll say no.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Because you are her girl friend.

9. Pringles

Pringles New Member

it's normally always a test. How you handle it determines what they think of you. You handled it like a friend so she considers you guys one.

10. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Fuck man

They DO do that dont they

:wtc:

All women.. all of you.. STOP IT

11. iwishyouwerebeer

You realize all women do this...so stop blaming them! Learn that you don't and shouldn't have to ever have that kind of relationship or occurence with a woman.

12. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Yeah yeah yeah I know I know :) ;)

13. BATMANs

BATMANs New Member

Overall - hidden agendas and not ebing straight forward like men.

Men are simple. If they are thinking it, there is a good probability that they are doing it or not far from doing it.

Women have too much shit going on in their heads.

14. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

Then this guy needs to straight up tell her how he feels instead of bumming around and expecting her to pick up on it.

15. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I have said things to men in the past for the single purpose of getting a reaction out of them. People do this (to friends, lovers, siblings et) when they aren't geting a reaction, or aren't getting the one they want.
    Its a tactic to put yourself back in control of the situation, to make YOU the emotional illogical one.

PS this is a general answer i didn't read your post

16. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

The guy needs to SHOW her.

17. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

That's the idea... You haven't come right out and told her you want to be with her so why do you think she's going to come right out and say that she doesn't want to be with you? When a girl thinks a guy is interested but she doesn't feel the same, she's not going to just say "hey I don't like you!" if he hasn't specifically stated his feelings. That would be kind of rude and it would make her look stupid if her assumption wasn't true and then it would be awkward for you guys to hang out. Girls will give you clues about how they feel, it's your job to learn how to pick up on these clues.

In this case though it is possible that she might like you but is waiting for you to grow some balls and do something about it. Imagine how weird it is for her, she probably has all her friends telling her that you like her yet you've done nothing about it yet. Do you guys flirt at all? Have you ever tried to make a move? Whatever you do, DO NOT have that god awful "i like you" conversation with her. Some people think asking her out is a good idea but I think that's just weird if you guys are already friends. Only good option is to just go for it and kiss her one day if you guys are flirting heavily. Do it after a few drinks if you want so you can just blame it on the alcohol if you get rejected so it won't ruin the friendship. You've gotta do something though if you like her. Buying her flowers and giving her signs but never doing anything about it just makes you look like a pussy and girls don't want to date pussies.

18. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Ok.

She may like you, she may not. I'm going to go the safe route, and assume she doesn't.

Get over it! Don't let it piss you off when she says stuff about other guys...say "she doesn't like me, oh well", shrug your shoulders, and move on.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

:hsugh: Umm, he's already tried to "show" her and failed miserably (remember the flowers he gave her?).

He's probably too deep in the friendzone now, but he can still try and just ask her on a date saying how he feels. If she says no it's up to him to decide if he just wants to be her friend.

20. feint

feint New Member

girls NEED attention.

even if they get old and turn into a MILF, the occasional flattery NEVER ceases to make their day. the sooner you learn that, the better.

girls love making a point out of their own popularity / how every guy wants to bang her. put the ball in your court and MACK on all of her other friends and show that you don't need her.

21. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

If it takes you a year to make a move there is no hope.

22. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

I meant he needs to make a legitimate move. Flowers and "subtle cues" this far down the road are probably not doing much.

But yeah the outlook on this is friendzone :hsughno:

23. Abomb

Abomb New Member

lol threadstarter just got owned by everyone

24. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

to watch your reaction, and to see if it gets to you

I work with a girl who does this to me constantly. She's pretty witty though so sometimes when she is making fun of me, it makes me laugh.

I give it back when I have the chance. If she's mean-spirited I just get away from her. She's in the same hotness category you mentioned so she can really get carried away. I've gone to war with her in the past but realized thats just giving her what she wants: drama and attention.

she can learn a lot about you by seeing how you react. If you get really pissed off then that may turn her off, but if its no big deal and you show that to her, and then next time you see a chance to return the favor you DO IT BACK TO HER, then that could possibly increase her level of attraction in you

25. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Came here to post this.