Why do girls flirt so much with you when they have a bf

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Jan 18, 2010.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

This one chick who works at my gym, flirts with me all the time. I was interested in her when i first saw her, and she actually is a really nice girl, but she has a bf. Just seems like she flirts well beyond just being casual, like commenting on my body and stuff to that nature. I feel like asking her to get coffee or something, but she brought her bf up numerous times. Just kind of annoying at the same time, how she will flirt so much and it wont go anywhere.

2. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

It aint quantum physics bub. It's pretty easy to figure out actually.

3. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

flirting is fun

4. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

the men and women who do that probably crave attention and flirt with other people for validation. :dunno:

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

To make sure they are still desireable

6. quamen

quamen New Member

guess so, but seems to me some people take it a little to far when they have a significant other.

7. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Its clean/honest fun for the most part :o

When im in a relationship I still flirt, its good knowing 'its still there' :o

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

fun and an ego boost

9. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Problem is you kept talking to her after you found out she has a bf. If you're not interested in just being friends, leave her the fuck alone.

10. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

it makes her and you both feel better. she wants the attention and you are giving it to her. leave it at that.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

The ones who work at the gym flirt because they are hired guns. Don't look into it too much. Same thing with waitresses, chicks who work in clothing stores, etc., pretty much any chick who is flirting with you as part of her job is somehow doing it for the money.

The other ones flirt because of one or more of the following: they like attention/aren't happy in their current relationship/are "naturally flirty" (like attention)/want to feel desirable (like attention)/or because you're more attractive than their bf.

12. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

and they like attention

13. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

Attention.
    Flirting is fun/harmless
    Validation that you're still hot
    Keeping options open

14. Wrigley

Wrigley New Member

stick a cast on your arm and ask her to help load that sofa

15. quamen

quamen New Member

thanks for the replies, maybe i just am to old fashioned or whatever you might call it. If i had a gf, i really wouldn't want her saying to a guy i like your body, cant wait to see you tomorrow and things for that nature, even though it is flirting. Maybe i have to much insecurity i guess.

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Nah dude, it's not old fashioned. I'm the same way.

Just chalk it up to her showing you that she's not gf material. If she's dating someone else and tells you that she likes your body, then if you two were to date you know she'd be doing the same thing to the next guy she saw with a nicer body than you.

17. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

you must be a very trustworthy and dependable SO :rofl:

18. Ev0lv3

Ev0lv3 New Member

Exactly what I was thinking,

wtf kinda thinking is that. If you're not happy in your relationship and need to "keep your options open", then let go of the person so they find someone they deserve instead of you.

I'll never understand women. As I'm sure most men will never understand women. When I'm with someone, I'm with that person. I dont want to be with anyone else, I dont need to keep my options open, flirt with other women, or have them flirt with me. I'm dedicated to that person. Yet, women find the need to keep their options open?

I'll say it again, wtf?

19. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

:rofl:

20. knucks

knucks Active Member

because they can

21. awwwdreyawww

awwwdreyawww New Member

She probably wants to line up some prospects in case things don't work out with the bf.

22. awwwdreyawww

awwwdreyawww New Member

I wouldn't think she's that type of person; I just think she's trying to rationalize.

I said the same thing pretty much, but I'm not a flirt.

23. Ev0lv3

Ev0lv3 New Member

Still this doesn't make sense to me what-so-ever. Any way you say it, its going to be the dumbest thing ever.

I'm sure she wouldn't like it if her boyfriend was going and checking out other chicks thinking, "Wow, she'd be a great girlfriend if it doesn't work out with me and my current gf."

You're shopping for another car, while you already have a good one in the garage at home. If you don't like the car at home, sell it or trade it in. Don't do that stupid shit behind someone's back.

Its stupid shit like this that make women so hard to trust. I mean, yes men are hard to trust as well. I'm not the type of man you don't trust. But I've been in relationships with many women that i thought I could trust, but turned out I couldn't. I'm sure they were all at the bar grinding up against some guy saying "we should do something, but my boyfriend would have to tag along". Its so hard to come by a girl now-a-days that have morals, and know what the right thing to do is, instead of just doing as they please and not caring about whom they hurt in the meanwhile.

24. Nyxious

Nyxious New Member

If a girl is flirting with you and it bothers you tell her to stfu and bang her man.

I can honestly say that I'm a flirt at times but you don't flirt with a guy and shove your boyfriend into the persons face. It's just a horrible way to tease.

Usually, I heavily flirt when I'm single. And when I find a guy worth dating, I cut off the ends and stick with that person. If things go downhill and the relationship ends... I meet new people and repeat the process. I don't like settling for the first good guy that comes around, I like a variety to see which person fits best into what I like and what makes me happy. My longest relationship was 1 year and a few months. But the relationship I'm currently in will hit a year soon... so I'm hoping this one will last much longer than my previous one. Although my boyfriend is a major dick sometimes and we almost broke up last week.

25. Toxica

Toxica New Member

I'm the same way. I feel uncomfortable flirting with someone else while in a relationship. I treat my SO the way I would want to be treated. I don't flirt behind his back and don't want him doing it either.

Women aren't the only ones that do it though. I've had guys who were taken try to ask me out even though they knew that I knew they had a girlfriend. :ugh: