Why do chicks go crazy when they get upset?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Thinking back at my past relationships, I noticed some commonalities. These were all relationships that lasted longer than one year...

Sometimes the girl would go nuts... like she would send me 15 copies of the same txt, or call me over and over and over, and it was usually during a fight or something. Or she would be a total bitch on the phone (giving attitude or something), I would say something like "seriously, I don't want to be with someone who acts like this when they get upset. Why can't we just have a calm, mature discussion?" and then she would send me 15 txts within 2 minutes, all that said something like "obviously you don't care...". Etc.

I made the mistake of tryiing to argue logically with them. For example, "you did x, y, and z, I did a, b, and c, and YOU accuse ME of not caring?" But that was useless because they were female.

It seems like all my friends in LTRs go through similiar things. Are we just dating chicks that are nuts, or is there something to this?

I can't figure out if they were shit tests (ie. how much can I treat this guy like shit and have him put up with it) or if they are high or low interest levels or what. But I think girls are crazy. Who sends 15 copies of the same text? A psycho.

Once I had an ex dump ME over the phone (she had a short temper), and then call me like 30 times over the next hour. Naturally I didn't answer. Then she texted me like 10-15 times claiming that I "didn't care" because I "wasn't answering my phone." As I was texting her back to ask why I should answer when I've just been dumped, she called at the same time, so my phone accidently answered the call (I have a RAZR and it automatically answers calls if you press a button while the phone is ringing, even if you are texting at the moment). I'm like "you dumped me. Why should I answer my phone?" What does that shit mean????? Why do girls do that????

My friend just emailed me about his woman troubles and it inspired me to create this thread.

edit - these are all HB8s or above. Are attractive chicks just crazy?

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Communication breaks down in these situations...and everyone goes nuts when they think the other person can't here what is being said.
    I know I have had men do all of this exact shit to me.

3. demosnat

demosnat New Member

There are of course, more psycho-evolutionary answers to your question...but i'm sure you already know that.

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

So it is acceptable? I mean seriously. I have ended up in this trap with women before...

Me: Do you think this is acceptable behavior in a relationship? I don't want to be with someone who acts like this when they get mad.

Her: Fine, then don't be with me.

Me: (varied responses, none of which worked) One time, however, I was like "Fine" and I got my stuff and walked out. I put my stuff in my car and as I turned around in the parking lot, she was standing there, crying. I was like wtf? Why are you here? Didn't you just say you don't want to be with me? She's like "I'm so sorry, :cry:" Well, I should have taken this as evidence that when she's upset she loses sight of the big picture and doesn't know what she wants (red flag), and I should have gotten in my car and driven off. See, had she apologized and made an effort to show she was interested while we were still fighting, it would have been ok and respectable. But she let her emotions control her and lost sight of the big picture (did I mention that's a red flag?). But instead I agreed that we would try it again because I was a big pussy.

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I guess I want to know how to deal with this shit. Do you just walk because it means the chick is nuts?

6. demosnat

demosnat New Member

No. Well, I of course dont know this particular woman, and I dont know you. Some women really are just fucking insane. So are a lot of men. The point is, when people are upset/emotional you should not be pressing bigger picture issues. Leave her alone long enough for her to collect herself. This includes hitting ignore when she calls for the umpteenth time.
    You were not a pussy (your choice of verbiage is telling though) you were reasonable. Just keep in mind that when people are angry/upset they do irrational things that they regret almost as soon as the ramificatoins were made clear.

7. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

They do that stuff because they

a) are really and truly crazy

b) have learned they can get away with it

c) both

8. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

you have to learn to control the frame better. Do not let them get so out of control.

you have to show that you will stand firm and will not reward them for bullshit behavior and they learn to cut it out. This also means you cant be an asshole when she gets upset in a reasonable way.

don't ignore her till she works herself into a frenzy then be surprised when she is unreasonable.

if she does go straight into pyscho, just tell her "go home" or you leave. do not let her get any reaction out of you. a girl once admitted that she would rather have me mad at her then ignoring her.

9. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

When anyone gets REALLY upset, they are most likely not going to be that rational (men or women). Why? It's simple...you can't be highly emotional and highly logical at the same time. It just doesn't work. you need to recognize the fact that when a person gets that emotional, they CAN'T think straight. You just have to get yourself out of the situation, let them cool down, and deal with it later (this is assuming the person isn't going to cause harm to self or others).

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Because you allow it.

A woman will act up as much as you allow her to, and she will constantly test the boundaries to see if she can get away with things she couldn't get away with in the past.

Its just like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum.

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Awesome. My ex never pulled out her hair, but she was fucking crazy and I'm with you, I'm not putting up with that shit ever again.

This is exactly how I learned, from pain and misery. Hopefully some of the guys here who have never been married can learn from our mistakes and avoid horrible relationships with these bitches.

This really deserves its own thread.

That's where I'm coming from as well. Sex is easy to get, so obviously I don't have to be in a relationship to have sex. So why would I enter into a relationship unless she meets all my criteria.

The fucked up part is that before, the only criteria I had was:

1. Is she physically attractive
    2. Is she willing to have a relationship with me

Then its like I was surprised when I had this horrible relationship. And I didn't approach a lot of women, so I chose from those who made it obvious that they wanted me.

Its a cliche, but true: failing to plan is planning to fail.

12. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede New Member

Women can get a little crazy when they get dumped. My last ex I was with for around 2 years. When I left her, I moved about 100 miles away and unfortunately had to leave my Toyota Supra at the apartment complex where we lived, since I was driving my other car to move. She didn't seem too bad when I gave her the news that I was leaving, except for some tears and her saying she would change. Well, I came to pick my car up about 2 weeks later after I got situated in my new place only to find out that she had the car towed and impounded.:rl:

But she got what she had comming to her. I later found out that the apartment below her caught fire and pretty much all her stuff was damaged by the smoke. I just wish I had been there to see it.

13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

id say you got off light. at least she didnt hurt the car

14. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Yes. That is not normal behavior, you were just dating nutcases. If you put up with it and take her back then you are telling her it's ok for her to treat you like that.

15. sochbat

sochbat New Member

From what i've learned, girls like to hear themselves talk. Zone em out, and if you can't take it, take a breather.

Every time i got snapped at, i thought "hmmm... i wonder if those coilovers come in a softer spring rate..." or other cool fun stuff.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:rofl: