LGBT Why can't sex just be sex?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by PurpleSplat, Aug 7, 2007.

1. PurpleSplat

PurpleSplat Guest

I never understood why everyone has to label everything. If you're having sex with a woman and you're a man, you're a heterosexual. If you're having sex with another man, you're a homosexual. If you sex up both, then you're a bisexual.

There's descrimination b/c some people are designed to be attracted to the same sex.

I don't think people chose homosexuality through choice. I've always believed that it's by design, and on the rare occassion, through traumatic experiences that makes you fearful of the opposite sex.

Humans are sexual creatures, so why is everyone so concerned with who you have sex with?

I think you should have sex with who you're attracted too. Have fun, get each other off, enjoy each other's bodies, company and pleasures and then get on with your life.

That's my opinion. :eek3:

2. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Agreed.

Plus if I have sex with a woman, that definitely isn't going to make me heterosexual, nor bisexual. I always believed sexuality had little to do with actual sex, but more about who you'd rather be emotionally attached to.

I suppose human beings have this bad habit of giving a name to every damn thing.

3. sholnay

sholnay New Member

lol.

I trust this is a lot of peoples opinion... they are silenced by greater forces though.

I agree :bigthumb:

4. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

Truth!!

5. sholnay

sholnay New Member

we like to make familiar connections - and classify everything. its a shame.

6. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

:werd: Very well said, I agree completely. To each his/her own.

7. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

agreed! I'm greedy :o

8. dude101

dude101 New Member

truth be spoken here :bigthumb:

9. XPX

XPX New Member

yeah but....when you fall in love with someone of your own sex then things get complicated, it is not a sex game anymore.

10. Ivan

Ivan New Member

And love should not have to be labelled. Why can't love just be love?

11. XPX

XPX New Member

because the world is not that perfect yet :p

12. smurfette

smurfette New Member

nor will it ever be :(

13. pulp priest

pulp priest we're here! we're queer! we don't want any more be

so of course i agree with this and i love the fact that someone who doesn't necessarily identify as queer can be so open and understanding of sexual deviance.

so i hate to do this but i do take issue with one thing you said: "I've always believed that it's by design, and on the rare occassion, through traumatic experiences that makes you fearful of the opposite sex."

i don't like when people with little experience with the matter come to mildly educated conclusions or make blind assumptions about homosexuality. no one knows what causes homosexuality - we have some evidence but there's no certainty in any direction, be it genetic, gestational, prepubescent experience, or traumatic experiences. well, i shouldn't say that, there's concrete evidence as a result of twin studies showing that at least some and likely MOST gay people are genetically gay. i have certainly never met any gay man who's fearful of women in any sense of the word. i personally find vaginas gross, but i'm definitely not afraid of them. even if i were afraid of them, it would be a RESULT of my homosexuality, not a cause of it or an attribute of it. i don't even know what sort of experience would make someone afraid of the opposite sex - some men attribute their homosexuality to being molested as a child, but it seems to almost always be molestation by a man.

so again sorry to be argumentative, i just have a little problem of trying to educate the entire world which can make me come off as a jackass on far too many occasions. :wiggle: nonetheless MUCH LOVE, and a wonderful post. :h5:

14. PurpleSplat

PurpleSplat Guest

There are cases, where women who were molested or raped at some point in their lives, are unable to maintain a healthy relationship with men. In extreme cases they are fearful of all men, and believe that all men are the same and would rape them again. So they seek the companionship of women instead.

Since homosexuality is classified as a "psychological" issue in the eyes of some people, they have a hard time believing a new science like psychology which is only about a hundred years old. Which is why I say it's by design. I don't believe people make the choice to be ridiculed about their sexual preferences in life.

The brain is an obscure place and it's not like we can split one open and say... "OHhh... there's the gay part of the brain, the reason why this person is gay is that there are synapses and neurons in the gay area, where as this straight person, doesn't have any."

15. PurpleSplat

PurpleSplat Guest

I don't see how falling in love with someone of the same sex is any more or less complicated than falling in love with someone of the opposite sex. The feelings are all the same. People make shit complicating.

16. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

I agree, now bend over and grab your ankles. :x:

17. stolid_agnostic

stolid_agnostic One who is both stolid and agnostic. Get a diction

nothing will be perfect

just go with the flow and be yourself/enjoy yourself

18. PurpleSplat

PurpleSplat Guest

:eek3: