why cant i get this to work

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Gene Starwind, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Hey guys. i am having some problems getting my new Garmin 60c linked to my computer.

I am using a mac running OSX 10.3. on it i am using Virtual PC 6 running Windows XP Proffesional. Now the 60c connects to the compouter Via USB. when i connect the GPS and try to run the software that came with it, it cant find the GPS. I have tried hooking up other USB devices and i get the usual message of new hardware found. but not with the GPS. I hooked the 60c up to my roomates wintel box and it came up with the message of new hardware found. but it wont recognize it on my computer for some reason. I have no idea why. but its really starting to irritate me and my roomate. (we have both been trying to get it working) Anybody have any ideas why it wont recognize the GPS??

2. Deodra

Deodra New Member

The reason that you are having problems is the fact that the software is not Mac compatible.

3. NCTRNL

NCTRNL New Member

4. Deodra

Deodra New Member

Yup. That's the problem! :lockd:

5. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

He's using VirtualPC, do you know what that is? :slap:

I'm not sure how VirtualPC works, but from my experience with VMWare, you probably have to set it up to share the USB port with the guest OS. My guess is that XP isn't seeing the USB port because VirtualPC hides it.