Why cant i get over her?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by WeRdToYoMoThA, May 16, 2005.

1. WeRdToYoMoThA

WeRdToYoMoThA Girlies on Standby, Waiting to say Hi

Its been a month. she seems to be completely happy without me, enjoying her life without me, seemingly never thinking about me. Why can i be as apathetic towards her as she is towards me? I realize that what happened happened for a reason, and that things didnt work out for a reason. Why cant i accept that? Why cant i move on to someone else, to be happy without her, to be able to live my life without thinking about her every day? Why is it that i think about her every day, and nothing seems to distract me from her?

She posted this on the guy's blog, although done so anonimously (despite having her own blog username, she signed it with her name):

Me and him
    Him and me,
    We’re always together
    As you can see.
    I wish he’d leave
    So I’d be free
    I’m getting a little bit
    Tired of he,
    And he may be a bit
    Bored with me.
    On movies and ladies
    We cannot agree.
    I like to dance
    He loves to ski.
    H likes the mountains
    I love the sea.
    I like hot chocolate
    He wants his tea.
    I want to sleep
    He has to pee.
    He’s meaner and duller
    And fatter than me.
    But I guess there’s worse things
    We could be-
    Instead of two we could be three,
    Me and him
    Him and me.

the "he/him" in the poem is obviously me. she wrote it before we broke up, it seems, maybe 3 months ago, yet only posted it now.
    I cant figure out what these lines mean:

But I guess there’s worse things
    We could be-
    Instead of two we could be three,

The only thing I can think of is getting her pregnant, but that seems really strange in that poem, as it has nothing to do with the rest.

Why the fuck cant i let go of her? I had a dream last night about us getting back together. But, i do not want her back. I would rather deal with the pain than deal with the problems she caused me while we were dating. But at the same time, when we werent arguing, we had the most amazing times together. I miss those times the most, and whenever i see her, i feel a wave of nausea come over me and i feel like i will throw up. I hate how things have become between us. We are no longer friends or even acquaintances. Instead, we are 2 people who have a long hsitory with each other, resulting in really awkward moments when we run into each other. I never wanted our relationship to end, let alone end the way it did. I never wanted to lose her, and now I never want to keep her. Yet i still miss her. I wish there was some way to get over her as fast as she seems to have gotten over me. I wish there was some easy solution to all of this. I wish i was happy again.

I know ill get flamed for this, but honestly, i dont give a shit, so save your breath. I havent cried over her since the first day we broke up.... but reading that poem, and seeing one of my better friends with his gf today has gotten me in a really fucked up emotional state.

2. R34

R34 Closer than ever

im getting over the stupid whore as well, i know how u know

try to keep ur self busy. my work is taking up most of my time. its just so hard. i wanna cry too

3. Amanda Renee

Amanda Renee New Member

a month is nothing!!! i am still stuck on my ex and we broke up 7 months ago! its hard but i think it gets easier.. haha im hoping anyway... maybe one day.. soon hopefully i wont compare him to all the others that dont measure up!! good luck though.. if you have any good tips to make the getting over part happen asap.. let me know ill try anything

4. WeRdToYoMoThA

And what kills me more is thinking about the things that i did that I shouldnt have, or things that i should have done but didnt. I put up with so much shit from her, and never stood up to it. Towards the end of our relationship, i debated breaking up with her, because i was so bored. I never did it, because of few days a month that we would have the most amazing moments together. Those days seemed so amazing to me, that i wanted to have them for the rest of my life, even though they were surrounded by days that I resented and despised. 2 days before we broke up, we were gonna see a movie together. Instead, she called one of her friends (one of my former friends) and asked what they were doing, and asked me to drop her off there for an hour or two. i thought to myself, ok, ill drop her off and we will just catch a later showing of the movie. When she got out of the car, she kissed me goodbye and said she would call me back in 2 hours or so. I drove away, not mad or anything like that.... i had the feeling that things were hopeless. i didnt expect a call from her, i knew that she would not call me. I had the realization that our relationship was hopeless, and that it had fallen out of control, past the point that it could be saved. She didnt call, and instead got online around 2 AM, 8 hours after i had dropped her off. She told me she didnt call because she knew I would be mad even if she had called. I told her i didnt care, that i wasnt mad then, nor was i mad now. I think seeing my indifference also made her realize that our relationship was over, and we decided to take a break that following monday, finally breaking up 6 days later after a long hike.

I think back on the things that I did for her, the love and affection i showed for her, and i realize that she never showed the same to me. The first few months of our relationship were amazing. I saw her 5-6 times a week, we came home from school together every day and watched jeopardy. she called me a nerd for it, yet i could tell she loved it when i got the questions right. she told me she loved how smart i was.... it was my best quality. Such a boring activity was fun with her.... we could lay on the couch, watch CSPAN, and we would still have fun, and not even consider it boring. Towards the end of our relationship, nothing seemed fun. Going skydiving would probably bore the hell out of both of us.

5. WeRdToYoMoThA

and once school starts and if i dont find a job, i will have nothing to occupy my time. i will hang out with friends, but they all have girlfriends and work too. i will sit at home, with nothing on my mind except my ex, and realize how miserable life is.

6. moomoo3210

moomoo3210 Active Member

i'm still not over my ex as well although its been about 3 weeks.. argh

7. Synner

Synner New Member

I went 2 months, then we got back together, it seemed like fate....she dumped me because I got upset because she wanted to go to Oklahoma to see a guy she knows online....2 months later, she cancels the trip. I hadn't said anything about it, I played it off like I was cool with it. We got back together about 3 weeks ago, and within 2 weeks, the trip was back on, so I broke up with her....and yet, it still hurts. I feel like the entire 3 months since we broke up has been one huge mistake.

8. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

werd, find yourself another girl. i promise you that you will forget her once you have anohter girl that cares for you. i really feel bad for you. relationships are bs sometimes.

9. WeRdToYoMoThA

the thing with that is that i dont know anyone else. all the girsl that i know are taken, or have dated some of my friends, and i will NEVER date a girl who has been with a friend of mine.

the other problem with that, is i feel like i will always compare her to my ex, and i feel bad doing that, because i dont want to date anyone while i still have feelings for someone else.

10. Amanda Renee

Amanda Renee New Member

thats good and you shouldnt date anyone else when you still have feelings for your ex it just isnt fair to the other girls

11. opie

opie hi. OT Supporter

you again? Last time you created like a 4 page thread about her and you didn't listen to any advise we gave you.... Stop coming here and crying like a little bitch if you don't want our suggestions.

12. WeRdToYoMoThA

im not really looking for advice. if you have some, give it. i might take it, i might not, depending on my mood.

i did listen to your advice in the last thread.... havent hung out with her or talked to her in 3 weeks. she IMed me to wish my happy birthday on thursday, i just said "thanks" and took her back off my buddy list.

13. LS Boy

LS Boy OT Supporter

jesus christ dude....give it up!

14. WeRdToYoMoThA

i know i need to.... but i cant. i dont know why

15. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

Because you're young, and an emotional sponge.

One of those things will go away, I have doubts about the other.

16. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

im going through the same thing bro. ive been here myself too before in the past. so this is my "second" time if you will. the first time i got back together with the girl and things really were great. i ended up breaking it off like 8 months later and broke her heart...no i didnt get back together and wait 8 months just to break her heart...she just wasnt it. maybe it took me 8 months of actually being with her to get over her?? i dont know...it was a very unique situation for reasons i wont get into. anyways this second time i went away to iraq....(different girl btw) ...things go shitty about halfway through ....five days after im home she breaks up with me. i cannot describe the shit im in right now

17. WeRdToYoMoThA

:hs:

18. WeRdToYoMoThA

apparently she wasnt the one that wrote the song. she posted a comment from her own username saying she didnt write it. then one of my former friends wrote asong saying i jack off to her pictures :hs:

i chose some great friends, let me tell ya.

19. BTA

BTA New Member

You're a pussy thats why

20. opie

opie hi. OT Supporter

fuck her best friend!

21. Problematique

Problematique New Member

you'll find someone when you least expect it. trust me. and they'll treat you better than you've ever known. they'll be everything you've ever looked for, and understand you more than anyone ever has.

22. Phlab

Phlab OT Supporter

"I think back on the things that I did for her, the love and affection i showed for her, and i realize that she never showed the same to me. The first few months of our relationship were amazing. I saw her 5-6 times a week"

I feel you man. First couple months we saw eachother the same amount, it was great. I'm about to break up with my girlfriend of 7 months because she doesn't really seem too interested in the relationship anymore. She never goes out of her way to see me or anything like she used to, and its killin me thinking she doesnt care. It's kinda a one sided relationship, and I know I'll miss her.. But I figure once I get used to her not being around I'll know I made the right decision.

:hug:

23. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

It's been over a year for me and it's still hard sometimes. There are more things to learn about the relationship every day. It effects us because we invested a lot into our relationships. It doesn't effect them as much because they didn't do shit. Relationships really are just experiences, nothing more

24. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

because you're a raving homosexual. IL+1, until you grow the fuck up.

25. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

Thats a nice little hateful poem.
    I tend to not like poems but that one was pretty good.