SRS Why can I not get her out of my head? (Merged Thread)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Vay, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Vay

Vay New Member

With one of my ex girlfriends I had in 11th grade that I dated for 9 months once we broke it off for good after high school I did not talk to her at all. Then 2 years later she calls me to see what is going on and wanted me to go to some place with her to eat. I told her ok, but I forgot I had other plans and I did not have her number. So I guess she thought I did not want to speak to her again. So it been about another year since I have seen or talked to her.

Then at my new job at Lowe's one night when we where going to close I saw her walk by, but not look at me at all :(. She was the girl that I proposed to, and that I loved so much. Now that I know where she works I am thinking of giving her a call to see if she is working and stop by to say hi.

Over the years I have not been able to fully get her out of my mind. Why can I not just get her out of my mind? It has been almost 3 years now...

2. Metacomet

Metacomet Guest

Find her call her talk to her,
    if she EVER loved you, she can love you again.

Girls are one of the hardest things on earth to get out of your head (got another thread about this myself) but you have the situation of having a past-connection with her.

Unless she's engaged she's worth fighting for. That's my 2 cents.

3. scaryice

scaryice New Member

You proposed to her in after high school? Wow. I can see why she didn't want to talk to you. You care about her more than she cares about you, it's simple. There are plenty of cool girls, and you need to move on. Seriously. So many guys go through the same thing. You only have so many years to be young, don't spend them worrying about some girl you used to be with.

It's not really worth getting back with ex-girlfriends as a rule. Whatever problems that caused you to split up will inevitably happen again.

4. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

Take the chance or atleast talk to her to see if things can work out again. You don't want to look back at the chance you could've had.

5. Vay

Vay New Member

Well it was me that did not want to talk to her. I try to avoided her at basically all costs.

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I proposed to my gf in HS as well. :mamoru: It's not like I had a ring either :greddy:

We'd go a year or two without talking to each other with spurts of talking. She may feel shy and embarrassed so you need to be the one to make a move and talk to her. If you two are going to get back together there has to be no feelings of resentment and both of you need to have a certain level of maturity.

7. Minh Lam

Minh Lam Active Member

You are so right here. I totally agree here. If you want her and there is a chance to do it then dont sit here and type!! go do it. Never let the girl you want pass you by like that especially since you two have had a special past before. go get her tiger and update.
    Good luck champ!:)

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The only way to get over a lost love is to replace your ex-gf with a new-gf , she is taking up and moving on with her life ,and i encourage you to do the same. Its never a good thing to hang on to the past for you are alive today.

9. Crotchy

Crotchy New Member

I agree.. People always say that only time will heal a broken heart, but truth be told, only love does.
    As hard as it might be, you need to find someone else. As bad as it sounds, and for that, ladies, I apologise, you need to go out and meet new girls, flirt and date, if not one, but several, simultaneously or not, and just have fun, whether it's fooling around, or just sleeping around. You might just find someone from there on. But go out with your friends.
    Sad part is, you will always have feelings for your ex, and you will never lose those feelings. I've been there, done that. 2 year relationship, I was going to propose to her and well, she broke it up before then. I still have feelings for my ex, but, i've also come to the realisation that it just was not meant to be. The bond that we had is no more, and even though we said we'll stay in touch, I never talk to her anymore.
    maybe take this time to re-evaluate yourself, your image, your presentation, and what you want in a woman. All our relationships that we have and lose help us define what exactly we are looking for in a partner. It re-inforces our ideals and goals, and who we want to share our life with.
    It will come and you will find what you want, you just have to go out and find it.

10. Crotchy

Crotchy New Member

How long has it been since you've dated?
    See my post in your other thread...
    but in my opinion, an ex is an ex for a reason.. I've been there, been hurt and hurt even more when we tried it again.