SRS Why are women more attracted to you when you already have a woman?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Wrigley, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Wrigley

Wrigley New Member

I find this very annoying - when i was single id get lucky from time to time but since having a steady woman it seems the opportunities have increased a lot and women seem more attracted to me now than ever before and it does my head in becasue i cant do anything because i just dont have the nature to cheat on my mrs.

Very frustrating.

Anyone else find this to be the case with them?

2. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

Do you actually not know or is this rhetorical? When women see you with an SO there is a much better chance in their minds that you have some value. That you probably aren't a psycho, that you can hold down a relationship, that you mean a lot to some other female and a lot of single guys don't. You are also a hot commodity and people want what they can't have. Our whole consumer society is built around this.

Maybe they can safely flirt with you and find out more about your relationship without the hassle of actually you taking them home. That you are neutral ground to have fun. Kind of like a gay friend but since you like women, you can give them an ego boost.

They may think that since you are in a relationship, you being friendly with them is actually being friendly, and not wanting to take them home to fuck. It's refreshing and they don't have as big a wall up as a result.

If you really care about your SO, then you might just be interacting with women in a completely different way than when you were single and not even know it. It's like guys that aren't desperate to get laid talk to women and it goes over a lot better in general.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

confidence from having a gf,, wanting what they can't have, the fact that you're not trying to pursue the girl...

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

When a guy has a girlfriend his worth goes up. If she's hot girls are even more fascinated with what could be so special about him.

5. 2397

2397 OT Supporter

This.

+ here's a relevant article:

Waynforth, David. "Mate Choice Copying in Humans." Human Nature 18.3 (2007): 264-71.

Abstract:

"There is substantial evidence that in human mate choice, females directly select males based on male display of both physical and behavioral traits. In non-humans, there is additionally a growing literature on indirect mate choice, such as choice through observing and subsequently copying the mating preferences of conspecifics (mate choice copying). Given that humans are a social species with a high degree of sharing information, long-term pair bonds, and high parental care, it is likely that human females could avoid substantial costs associated with directly searching for information about potential males by mate choice copying. The present study was a test of whether women perceived men to be more attractive when men were presented with a female date or consort than when they were presented alone, and whether the physical attractiveness of the female consort affected women’s copying decisions. The results suggested that women’s mate choice decision rule is to copy only if a man’s female consort is physically attractive. Further analyses implied that copying may be a conditional female mating tactic aimed at solving the problem of informational constraints on assessing male suitability for long-term sexual relationships, and that lack of mate choice experience, measured as reported lifetime number of sex partners, is also an important determinant of copying."

6. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Most men when they see a hot woman with a guy think, "Man, I really need to find a woman like that." Most women when they see a hot guy with a woman think, "I wonder how I can get him."

I'm certainly not the author of that and I'm probably botching the words but the meaning is still there.

Women are catty, crazy, fucked up bitches but goddamn I love em! :love:

Is it any wonder they want what they can't have and don't care who they hurt to get it? Is it any wonder they're surprised that in their 40s men trade them in for younger women or start fucking around with the young, hot secretary at work? The abstract above strongly supports this.

I know a guy that puts a ring on his finger when going to bars. One can argue that he's also more confident wearing that ring and therefore has greater success but he swears that the difference between when he wears it and when he doesn't is noticeable, measurable and repeatable. In other words, it works every time for him.

7. IRSISRSRI

IRSISRSRI New Member

I think it is a myth. We overrate our chances at getting a girl, and since we have a partner don't follow through and therefore eliminate the chance for rejection.

8. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I used to take a friend of mine out to clubs and bars specifically because people assumed we were together. Nothing makes for a better wingman then a wingwoman.

Women are curious and interested in attractive men who are surrounded by attractive women. They assume he's "with them."

A man with options (or who appears to have them), is perceived as having something to offer.

The only reason any woman wants anything to do with you is because they want something from you. (This doesn't apply to people who love you in spite of your shortcomings)