why are girls so indirect?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sexhaver420, Feb 4, 2007.

1. sexhaver420

sexhaver420 Buying stuff I don't need, with money I don't have OT Supporter

examples:
    "lets hang out in three weeks[when i can brush you off again]"
    "oh i have to do xxx this weekend so im gonna have to bail on you"
    "okay im busy until after xxx[names some unreal ammount of time that im not gonna wait]"
    girl doesnt pick up phone/unresponsive

is it so hard just to say "i dont wanna spend time with you" "that was a one night stand" or "no i dont think youre attractive"

2. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

maybe she doesn't want to hurt your feelings

3. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Because they don't want to come off as a bitch, event hough tha indirectnessmakes them bitches anyway

4. wufei

wufei New Member

agreed :werd:

5. sexhaver420

sexhaver420 Buying stuff I don't need, with money I don't have OT Supporter

is there a way around this?

6. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Only pursue women who dont possess the emotional maturity to care for your feelings?:dunno:

7. Phantom Empress

you straight up say "look, if you don't want to be honest with me, i can understand. Your loss, i don't have time to waste on waiting for you."

8. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

my ex is like that..fuck girls

9. Socrates

Socrates New Member

That sounds pretty much like the same way guys blow off girls when they aren't romantically interested. The only reason it seems like girls do it more is because guys are usually the ones pursuing girls, thus giving them the opportunity to blow someone off.

10. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Agreed 100%! I have had guys brush me off in indirect ways all the time. Girls don't have the monopoly on indirectness.

11. Phantom Empress

:werd:

12. RL82

RL82 OT Supporter

Girls are indirect because deep down in their heart-of-hearts, they want to be able to feel like you're apart of their soul and can think what they're thinking, ergo they feel they shouldn't have to say something directly because you should know it first, because you known them and love them. They're strange.

13. eidolon

eidolon New Member

QFAnnoyingAsFuckT

14. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Because women have been playing the game of social politics since they were little girls. It doesn't stop for you.

15. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I believe that women's primary communication is covert, while men's is overt.

Additionally, many men expect women to think and react to situations the same way a man would, which further complicates matters.

This is why you should pay attention to her actions much more than her words.

An example of covert communication is when a person floats out an idea to see what the reaction is. Then, based on the reaction, the person may negate the idea by claiming to be "just kidding."

16. Aradia

Aradia New Member

I am indirect toward a guy for one of two reasons, I don't want to hurt his feelings or I want to see what he's gonna do. If you've been straight forward with her about your intentions/feelings, then she may be trying not to hurt you.
    The older I get the less interested I am in games, and I've become straight forward with guys. I'll let em know if I'm not in to them. Lots of girls don't know how to set those boundaries...it's something you learn.

BTW...if a guy sorta ignores me...just enough to let me know he's around, but not dying to get in my pants...Damned if I'm not turned on...go figure.

17. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

They're NOT indirect, you just need to read actions, not words. Women are in fact VERY direct if you pay attention.

Yes. Women are raised to never hurt anyone's feelings who can't handle it. By the very virtue of them treating you like this is an indicator that YOU are seen by them as immature and child like, which is probably why they are friendzoning you.

18. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Women are indirect because they don't really know what they want, they think they do, but in reality, they don't have a clue.

Also they like to have "back-ups" when it comes to relationships and if you're being turned down in a non-direct way, they they want to have you there, just in case, whihc is also a sign of insecurity on thier part, being afraid that they may need to go through the list of "possibles". :roll:

19. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

my ex was soo indirect. it got to a point where it ruined the relationship. you need communication for a relationship to work.

20. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I'm not seeing the difference here. Those few phrases/actions are clear as day to me...they say "I don't like you, I don't want to hang out with you, etc".

It still seems fairly direct to me...

Pretty much, a good rule of thumb is to focus more on what a person does than what they say. This includes men and women. In the cases mentioned above, you have clues from both their actions and their words...

Do you need them to hit you over the head with it?

21. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: We try to give as many hints as we can but some guys just really don't get it. I see it in threads on here all the time, the girl has made it quite obvious that she doesn't like the guy but he still keeps bugging her anyway. Unless you are a naturally mean person, it can be very hard to tell someone outright that you just aren't interested in them. It sucks being told that statement and it sucks having to say it to someone. It's easier for everyone involved if people can learn to read signals and stop calling someone when they show you they aren't interested. If someone likes you they WILL take the time to call you and hang out with you.

22. NCS

NCS Active Member

they like stringing people along, guys do it to if they are successful with women. its called keeping your options open.

23. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

This happened last night with my SO and made me think of this thread.

She is meeting with her ex-husband this morning to work out some financial details with regards to a piece of property they both own.

I knew she wanted me to go with her, but she didn't come out and ask directly.

Instead, she said something like "Ok, tomorrow we are going to get up and meet with my ex, then we can go to the gym and work out" She said this quickly and it was woven into the rest of the conversation. I could tell she wasn't comfortable with the subject.

In her mind, she just asked me to go with her, but in reality, she never asked me. I said nothing and our conversation continued.

Awhile later, she tells me "I never got an answer to my question. Its been five minutes and you haven't said anything." I stayed silent and just grinned and she laughed.

I asked her "Is there something you want to ask me?" She knew what she wanted, but for whatever reason she wouldn't come right out with it.

Finally I let her know that I knew what she wanted and I recapped how she communicated it to me, and we had a laugh at it.

She is very uncomfortable confronting issues directly, whereas I am the exact opposite.

24. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

The point is women expect you guys to be ADULTS and take charge and make decisions without them having to hint all the time.

25. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I try to be as direct as possible, just because I can't stand when guys are indirect